jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What did you hate about being pregnant?

1. profile image53
    YepOkposted 6 years ago

What did you hate about being pregnant?

Not everyone loves the joys of being pregnant. I am looking for information on the annoying things about pregnancy.

2. ChristinS profile image94
    ChristinSposted 6 years ago

vomiting and swelling were the worst.  I had extreme vomiting the whole 9 months with my oldest.  The second child was way easier until the last month and my feet swelled so much I couldn't fit into any of my shoes! Thankfully it was summer so I could wear my partners shoes.  He had sandals with velcro tops I had to wear which were way too big for my feet.  I laugh about it now, but it was sure annoying at the time! smile

3. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I adored my children, still do!  But I hated being pregnant. I felt huge from day one, watched purple marks start to streak across my stomach and felt helpless to stop it.  I was tired and hyper irritable.  I am generally easy-going but I was a witch while pregnant, became very outspoken and had no trouble giving my opinion.  I was awful.

I was swollen, and huge and felt like a beach ball, even though I wasn't that big.

Second one was easier but still miserable on many occasions.  In the last months I became convinced I was going to die, leaving my 3 year old daughter without a mother and I had stomach cramps in the middle of the night, every night those last 6 weeks or so.

Don't even get me started on the 2 C-sections.  First one the spinal didn't take - there are no words.

The second one, I insisted they put me out.  But while I was completely paralyzed and not yet fully out, they started the surgery.  Again, no words to describe feeling someone cut you open and you are helpless to even say - stop!  It is called surgical awareness and it only lasted about 30 seconds before I was completely out but it left a huge phobia about surgery for me.

So those are a few things....loved my babies though!  Motherhood itself was an absolute delight for me.

4. StephanieBCrosby profile image84
    StephanieBCrosbyposted 6 years ago

Well this one is easy. I really hated the 9 months of morning sickness. It was horrible that I experienced it once. But then I had to go through another 9 months of it with my second. This is one thing that does not get better the second time around, but I sure knew when I was pregnant again. It was so bad both times around that I actually lost weight. However, I still had very healthy babies that scored a 9.9 (both of them) on the Apgar.

5. MsDora profile image96
    MsDoraposted 6 years ago

First the duration.  Why did it have to last nine months?  Second, the weight gain.  Even my feet got so big, I wore men's sandals.  Yet, in all the discomfort I never wished to abort.  The love for the child inside me was more intense than the annoyance.

6. cat on a soapbox profile image98
    cat on a soapboxposted 6 years ago

I was fortunate to not have any morning sickness or nausea, so the worst things were shortness of breath when in some sleep positions as my belly got huge, and not being able to reach my feet to trim nails and put on shoes.  I hated the foot and calf cramps in the last month-especially when driving on the freeway!