- Family and Parenting
Motorola MBP36 Wireless Video Baby Monitor Review
Peace Of Mind Is Absolutely Priceless
If you are in the market for a baby monitor I strongly recommend the Motorola MBP26.
I am writing this because as a new parent, you buy SO many baby things that seem like a good idea at the time. Then you realize, a few months down the line, that you may as well have just flushed your cash down the toilet. We have made several baby item buying mistakes before and since our daughter was born, however this baby monitor was not one of those regrettable purchases.
We did our research and based on customer reviews, we decided to spend the little bit of extra money and buy this model. I can honestly say that after over 12 months of daily use (and counting) it's been worth every penny.
Below I have outlined why this product has been so wonderful for us as a family.
Are You In The Market For A Baby Monitor
Baby Monitor Features That Are Important To Me - In no particular order
- So very portable - wireless, with excellent range (200 meters)
- 5 hour minimum battery life when screen is allowed to go on standby (personal experience)
- Large screen - 3.5 inches
- Very clear image
- Very clear sound
- Night vision - clear as a bell, can watch the baby doing baby things (even breathing) in complete darkness without disturbing her.
- Ability to pan camera remotely to keep an eye on Little Miss while she's rolling around.
- Adjustable volume - So I can hear the slightest sound. I can also turn down the volume a bit when I am not in the same room but close enough to hear her without getting a sudden cry in stereo that will make me jump out of my skin.
- Room temperature monitor - Baby books make you so paranoid about the temperature of your nursery. This monitor allows you to constantly see what temperature your baby's room is.
- Perfectly synchronized audio and visual - I have not once encountered any lag.
Less Used And Unused Baby Monitor Features
5 Lullabies - Soothing like nails on a chalkboard, but some babies might enjoy them. To be fair, a baby monitor's ability to play music isn't exactly a prime selling feature so I don't consider it a loss. Most noise making baby products, in my experience play fairly abrasive music.
Multiple cameras - great feature but not useful to me personally. Very useful if you have a large space to cover, more than one child in the room or just want to cover multiple angles.
Purchase Additional Cameras For Motorola MBP36
The sound is so clear, I can hear every tiny whimper and gassy bubble.
Here It Is Wall Mounted
Our house is spread over three floors and we have never experienced any distortion or lost signal.
We have complete peace of mind when taking the monitor out in the back garden to have a romantic late night BBQ while our daughter snoozes in her cot on the third floor.
Note that this is a picture taken of video, so the image here is really not as good as on the device. I'm just trying to give you a rough idea.
The picture is so clear, I can see my daughter breathing even when night vision is turned on.
Night Vision In Action
Best baby moment captured with monitor (so far):
I caught her sitting up for the first time all by herself in her cot after a nap. It was a very proud moment that I would have missed out on if I didn't have the monitor sat on my desk.
How Does This Product Wear Over Time?
Last Updated 27/8/13
When I notice that the monitor is starting to fail (as all electronic devices do in time) I will update this space to include how well the monitor and battery life ages however, I can say that in over 12 months of daily usage its performance has not yet faltered!