- Family and Parenting
How to Watch Your Kids While You're At The Office
Now here's a quick and easy way to watch your kids or your baby while you're at the office or wherever you may be. You can use the program also to watch your business while you are in a trip or you use it to help a friend on his computer by accessing it remotely. It is very simple to setup and absolutely 100% FREE to use. Yes! its absolutely FREE to take control of your computer from home. However, the FREE version limits you from many other features such as;
- File Transfer
- File Sync
- Remote Sound
- Drag and Drop
- Sharing files instantly to connected PC
- Remote Printing
- Quick Clips
- Mini Meeting
- Drive Mapping
- Direct Connect
It really has many available features for PRO version but if you're usage does not involve none of the above then you could probably want to use only the FREE version which is what I'm gonna tell you here on how to set it up and have fun with it.
I've been using this program when I started my own internet cafe business last year 2007 and as I'm writing this hub I'm still using it. It has been a great tool for me since I'm not always around to assist the cafe attendants whenever there is a problem with certain programs. I can monitor the main server and check if the timer program is running well and check if the attendants are not fooling around and doing malicious acts.
For parents, you can take advantage of this FREE program and use it to watch your kids and baby from home while you're at the office. Just place your Webcam as where you want to view, like pointing it towards to your baby's bed. You will never feel too far away from them anymore. If you got kids who enjoys surfing the internet without any filter against adult and brutal sites, you could use the program to close those sites. This is like watching over them like you were there.
It is really easy to setup and I will guide you on how to do it, although you can even do it on your own. Now just in case I would miss something you can visit the help/support page for more information within the site.
Before you start make sure your computer meets the requirements:
- Microsoft Windows Vista, XP and Server 2003 (all including 64-bit); Windows 98, ME, 2000.
- Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox 1.0 or later.
- A computer always connected to the Internet via cable modem, ISDN, or DSL.
- On Windows NT/2000/XP/Server 2003 you must be a user with administrative privileges to install the software. You can check your current username or add new users to your PC by opening the Control Panel on your PC and clicking on User Accounts.
- LogMeIn Free for Mac runs on v10.4 (Tiger), v10.5 (Leopard) on both for Power PC and Intel-based Macs.
If you meet the above requirements then we could get started now.
- Select FREE LogMeIn product. Click Continue to proceed to download page.
Click Download. A new window will pop up. Now click Save File to start the download.
- Once the download is complete, click Open/Run.
- Click Ok to start the installation.
- Follow the installation procedure by clicking NEXT and Agree with the terms and conditions.
- Choose Typical options then click NEXT.
- Provide a description then click NEXT.
- Provide a password, required to access the computer then click NEXT.
- Lastly click NEXT to start the installation. A progress installation bar will appear indicating installation in progress that would take only a few moments.
- Once installation is complete you will notice at the right bottom of your taskbar a LogMeIn icon indicating that you have successfully install it. These means that you can now control the computer anywhere you are by just logging in to your LogMeIn Account.
Controlling Your Home PC
Now that you have successfully installed it, you can now access or control it from a different computer like from your office, cafe, or anywhere with internet connection. How to access it is very simple. Lets try it.
Make sure that your Home PC is Turn ON or else you cannot access it. So leave it ON when you're going to the office.
- Logged in to your LogMeIn Account.
- Now choose the computer you want to control by clicking it.
- You will be prompted to install an update of your browser but you may skip the installation and proceed.
- Connecting in progress will show up. Wait for a few seconds to connect.
- Now provide the password to access the computer.
- Once you're connected you may choose Remote Control to start controlling it.
Now that you have control of your home computer you can do whatever you want. You can start your webcam from home and watch your kids.
- You may want to use this program to teach someone with the intervention of computer but be sure you have permission.
- Watch whose been stealing your money from home.
- Watch whose been fooling around your house.
- Use to provide assistance to your friend who is having problem on his computer.
- You may to use this also to watch your workers, if they really doing their job.
The FREE account will only allow you to control the PC but you are limited to some great features but if your usage is only for checking and controlling your home PC then the FREE account will do.
I would recommend using Mozilla Firefox browser because this is more secure and reliable.
Enjoy and have fun!!!