Banana Bread-Delicious Recipe
This is not a recipe for actual bread with yeast. It is more of a cake-like consistency. The reason it is called "Banana Bread" is because of the bread-like shape that the pan moulds the batter into. This recipe is for plain banana bread but feel free to add chocolate chips or dried fruit and nuts to it.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 overly ripened banana's, mashed
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
I like to separate the wet and dry ingredients before combining them.
- In a mixer beat the butter on medium speed while slowly adding in the sugar.
- Add the eggs until thoroughly combined.
- Add the vanila and mashed banana's. Set aside.
- Sift together the all purpose flour, salt and baking powder.
Add mixtures A and B together, be careful to not over mix the batter. The more you mix, the more dense the banana bread will come out. I find mixing the batter until the dry mixture is fully incorporated with the rest yields the best results. Bake the banana bread for 1hr in a 350 degree oven.
Try some of these other recipes
- Easy Spaghetti with Chicken Bolognese
- Ratatouille and Pasta Soup
- Philippine-Style Chicken Vermicelli
- Yogurt Dip For Almost Anything
- Simple and Delicious Strawberry Shortcake Trifle
- Easy Salsa 'n' CreamCheese Chip Dip Recipe
If you are looking for a simple yet delicious snack to serve friends at a barbeque, party or just a small gathering then this recipe will do the trick. It may involve quite a few ingredients, but that only depends on how many toppings you prefer on a
- Ulltimate Cheesecake Recipe STEP BY STEP