How to make Pavakkai Poriyal or Bittergourd fry South Indian Tamilnadu Style Recipe
Pavakkai Poriyal Recipe
Bitter Gourd Poriyal or Pavakkai Poriyal is a dish which is mostly avoided by every one. My family members like this dish due to the ingredients which i have added in this poriyal. Try this south Indian style of preparing pavakkai porial and your family is surely going to like it.
1. Bitter Gourd leaves to cure Cholera(if disease is at early stage)
2. Acts as a good medicine for Diabetes
3. Good energy booster & improves stamina
4. Beta carotene and other medicinal properties in bitter gourd helps alleviate eye problem and provides improvement in your eyesight
5. To control Blood disorders
6. Acts as a good immune booster
7. To control Psoriasis
8. To improve from asthma, bronchitis and pharyngitis
9. Contains medicinal properties that cleanses the blood from toxins
For Referal URL: Click Here
- 3 Bitter Gourd
- 3 tea spoon Refined oil
- 1/4 tea spoon Mustard
- 1 tea spoon Bengal gram
- 1 tea spoon Chili powder
- 1/2 tea spoon Salt
- 2 tea spoon Jaggery powder or Sugar
- Cut the Bitter Gourd in to pieces and remove seeds in it. If seeds are added it will give more bitter taste,so better avoid it.
- In a frying pan pour oil and place on the flame. When the oil is hot put the mustard seeds in the oil and let them to crackle.
- Now add the Bengal gram in the oil and fry till it becomes golden brown.
- Then add the chopped bitter gourd in the oil and mix well.
- Put the given quantity of chili powder, salt and mix well.Now close the lid and let them to boil.(If needed you can sprinkle little water in the mixture)
- When the poriyal is cooked, fry till it becomes golden brown. Then add Jaggery powder or sugar in it and stir well and off the flame.
- Now your Pavakkai Poriyal or Bitter Gourd Poriyal is ready to serve.It is a very good side dish for sambar, rasam & curd.