- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
How to Make Ladies Auxiliary Coleslaw with Raisins and Carrots
Great Sidedish for Pork Barbecue
I love the coleslaw served with chicken and dumplings served at the local firehouse dinners by the ladies Auxiliary. This is my version which, when I prepare pork barbecue, I always serve as a sidedish, along with my Sweet and Savory Baked Beans. The best pork barbecue sandwich always has slaw on the pork!
Rate This Recipe
More Ideas for Coleslaw
- 2 cups white cabbage, coarsely shredded
- 2 cups red cabbage, coarsely shredded
- 1 large carrot, coarsely shredded
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup seedless raisins
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash black pepper
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Chop cabbage and carrot. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine vinegar and sugar, raisins, salt and pepper, and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir mayonnaise or salad dressing into vinegar mixture until blended.
- Fold cabbage into dressing.
- Garnish with chopped walnuts.
Earn Money Sharing Your Recipes on Hubpages.
HubPages is a wonderful community of writers sharing their stories, poems, and more.
If you would like to earn an income while writing you can sign up here: