Criadillas Recipe - Bull Fries Recipe - Rocky Mountain Oysters Recipe
Vote for bull fries dish
Cooking Bull Fries - Testicles
Criadillas recipe, Rocky Mountain oysters, Bull fries or bull testicles are being cooked traditionally in many countries. The recipe of the dish is simple and very interesting to execute. Such delicatessen for many people might sound crazy and even gross, but for those who are interested in tasting and trying something different, Criadillas recipe will satisfy any taste. If just for a second we forget about the origins of the main ingredient, the dish is really exquisite.
Bull fries are being cooked for many centuries and have been added into the list of traditional dishes. We mostly can find this delicatessen in countries with long bullfighting history.
- Prep time: 20 min
- Cook time: 20 min
- Ready in: 40 min
- Yields: Serves 4 persons
- 3-4 pieces 0.5kg bull fries, testicles
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, I prefer sea salt
- 1 slice onion, medium size
- 3-5 spoons olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 slice lemon, medium size
- 1/5 teaspoon pepper, ground pepper
- And any spices you like
- Remove the membrane from the testicles by gently cutting it as it is shown in the pictures.
- Cut the "free membrane" testicles into long and thin pieces and wash them thoroughly.
- Boil plenty of water and place testicles inside, one by one. Let them boil for about 5-8 minutes.
- In the meantime boil one more liter of water.
- When testicles are ready wash them again with prepared water.
- Put olive oil on the pan, let it for 2 min. Add testicles, salt, pepper, onion and any other spices you like. Let it fry until testicles color is brownish-golden.
- When serving, have fresh lemon in case your guests or you prefer it with the dish.
|Serving size: For 1 = 20g|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Saturated fat 2 g||10%|
|Carbohydrates 1 g|
|Sugar 2 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 5 g||10%|
|Cholesterol 17 mg||6%|
|Sodium 39 mg||2%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Other known variation of the dish
Other Recipes and Articles
- Removing Evil Eye
Removing evil eye has been done for many centuries and it can be achieved via spiritual connection and prays. In this article we will discuss the origin of evil eye and how it affects us.
- Armenian recipe - Bread Matnakash
This Armenian recipe for traditional bread called Matnakash. It was baked for many centuries by native Armenians. It is easy to bake in oven. You will be surprised how tasty and soft it is. Enjoy
- Flat Bread Recipe - Traditional Armenian Lavash
Recipe that I have prepared today is Authentic Traditional Flatbread Recipe of Armenia. If you are familiar how Lavash is being baked , you will be pleased with my home baking method. Check this out.
- Beef Brain Recipe - How to cook Beef Brain
Beef brain is delicious and exquisite dish. Many people around the world are cooking beef brain by using different techniques. This recipe is probably
- How to Shop for a Corset and Achieve Perfect Waist
The Ultimate Guide How to Choose and Shop For Corset. History of corset. Types of Corsets. Which corsets are suitable for your body type. Which fabric to prefer when buying Victorian & other corsets.