- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
How to make simple fruit Cake in microwave oven
Microwave oven with convection is the best for making baked dishes.
Cakes can be made in different methods.Adding dry fruits make the cake tastier.Here is an easy way of making fruit cake. Two steps are involved in the making of this fruit cake. One is cooking the dried fruits,sugar,along with ghee over a stove and the other is baking in convection mode.
- dates - 1/4 kg, (chopped)
- Raisins, Cachewnuts ,tooty frooty-1/4 kg, (chopped)
- Refined flour -2 cups
- Sugar -1 cup
- Butter -3/4 cup
- Egg - 2
- Baking powder -1tsp
- Soda powder -1tsp
- Water -1cup
Method of preparation.
- Remove the seeds from the dates,cut into small pieces . Crush the cashew nuts, and mix with Raisins, tooty frooty and dates..
- Take 1/2 cup sugar and caramelize half of the sugar . Pour two cup water , remaining sugar , fruits,ghee, Into the syrup & cook in slow flame for 20 minutes,
- Let the mixture cool .
- After cooling add soda powder. Let the mixture rest for 5 minutes. Then add Refined flour And mix in one direction.
- Beat egg well and add the beaten eggs to the mixture .
- Preheat the or microwave oven.Place the tray in the oven. Time it to 45 min.
Bake the mixture in convection mode 200 degree Celsius for 45 minutes.
When the timer is ready stick a toothpick into the cake to make sure the insides are not liquid. if it is add 10 more minutes.
- Any chopped dry fruits can be added.Chopped cherry fruits can be used instead of tooty frooty. Dried orange peel is also give a pleasant smell to this cake.If it is available add this along with dried fruits.
Through my experiences with the oven in the baking field I can tell that Samsung microwave oven with convection is the best for making cakes.It is available in eBay
Samsung microwave oven
Please go through my other hubs
- All time favorite 5 recipes for children
easy recipe for children
- How to make Spongy Appam without coconut or milk.
Appam can be made in several ways .this is an easy method for making Appam
- How to make Mysoor pak
Basen or gram flour is used for making Mysoor pak. Being a sweet dish Mysoor pak can be served on all occasions