- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Beef Recipes
Green Peppers Stuffed-Ground Beef Recipe
Stuffed Green Peppers are another one of those family favorites. Your whole meal is scooped into a Green Pepper cup and baked for 30 minutes. Not only is it easy to prepare but it's also easy to serve and tastes delicious! Bell Peppers come in a variety of colors and they are all nutritious and tasty.
Bell Peppers are not only good but good for you! When it comes to Stuffed Bell Peppers you are not limited to just the Green Peppers!!
- 4 large Green Peppers with flat bottoms
- 1 lb. of lean Ground Beef
- 1 cup Brown Rice
- 1/2 cup chopped Onions
- 1 16 ounce can of Diced Tomatoes
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper to taste
Green Pepper Stuffing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Brown the Ground Beef with the chopped onions
- Add Garlic Powder, Black Pepper and the can of Diced Tomatoes. Stir well.
- Add Brown Rice and 3 cups of water. Stir well.
- Cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until rice is tender
- Stir every 15 minutes while cooking. If the water has been absorbed and the rice is not yet tender, add a little more water.
- Add shredded Cheddar Cheese (I confess I usually add more than 1 cup:) and stir until melted.
Prepare and Stuff the Green Peppers
- Cut the tops off the Green Peppers and remove the seeds and pulp
- Place the Green Peppers in a 13 X 9 baking pan
- Fill each Green Pepper cup with the stuffing. I will overfill them until all the stuffing mixture is gone.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- If desired, uncover them and place some shredded Cheddar Cheese on top of each pepper. Cover loosely and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Note: Most recipes for Stuffed Peppers will have you cook them before stuffing them. We like them somewhat crisp so I skip that step.
Save The Pepper Caps For a Nice Presentation!
When I slice the tops off the Peppers I usually thinly slice them and add them to the dinner salad. For a nice presentation you can clean the pepper caps and serve them on top of the baked Bell Pepper cups.
Try a Bell Pepper Stuffed With Crab Salad
If you are a seafood lover and prefer a cold salad, slice the pepper in half length wise and stuff it with Crab Salad. Yum!!