Raspberry Lemon Muffins
Bored of those regular ole' blueberry and banana muffins? Then give these ones a try! They're easy to make and have a nice fresh lemon and tangy raspberry flavor.
- 3 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2/3 Cups White Sugar
- 4 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Eggs, Beaten
- 1 1/2 Cups Milk
- 1/2 Cup Cooking Oil, I used Grapeseed oil
- 12 oz. Raspberries, I used Frozen Raspberries but Fresh would work as well
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Peel, I used dried Lemon Peel
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Extract
Let's Get Started!
- First things first! Preheat your oven to 400 °F. Then combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set this bowl aside, it will be your dry ingredients.
- Next we will mix up the wet ingredients. Crack the two eggs into a different bowl and beat them. Once the eggs have been beaten add in the milk and oil. Mix them all together.
- Create a 'well' in the center of your dry ingredients by scooping a hole in the center of the bowl. Once you have your 'well', add the wet ingredients to the dry all at once. Stir until moistened. Don't over stir your mixture you want your batter to be nice and lumpy.
- Once you batter is moist and lumpy. Add in the lemon peel, lemon extract and raspberries. Stir until they are well incorporated.
- Once your batter is finished you will need to prepare your muffin tins. I greased my tins by spraying a generous amount of cooking spray in each one. You will want to make sure they are all well greased.
- Once that is finished you can fill the tins. I used two big spoons to fill mine and put about two scoops in each tin or until they were 3/4 full. I got enough for 23 muffins.
- Once your muffin tins are filled they are ready to go into the oven. Place both tins in the oven and bake at 400° F for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Enjoy! Your muffins are all finished. Let them cool a bit and serve them hot, or put them in a Ziploc in the freezer and save them for later!