Soup recipes : By Ryan Beitler
Soup Recipes In The World
- Free Soups Recipes at Recipes.it
Great free soups recipes from Recipes.it, a unique interactive site featuring lots of great free Recipes, Cooking reference, Kitchen shopping and Cookery tips!!!
- Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes - Allrecipes.com
Looking for soups, stews and chili recipes? Allrecipes has more than 2,940 trusted soups, stews and chili recipes complete with ratings, reviews and cooking tips.
- Great Soup Recipes for Home Cooks
A collection of quick and easy soup recipes with step by step instructions for making at home
Delicious soup recipes
Welcome to my page of rare soup recipes that I have gathered over the years. As you go on, you will find some of the most interesting soups that can be made regardless of the weather outside. So speaking as a cook, enjoy, and don't forget to savor the flavor! Inside you will find a variety of what i call 'different' soups that most people wouldn't think to make. Hot soups, cold soups that may be something your taste buds have never had the pleasure of indulging.
Some Needed cooking utensils
Some of these kitchen utensils you may want to have present :
- made of high carbon stainless steel
- 3 or 4" paring knife
- a serrated knife
- 8 or 10" chef's knife
Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Various sizes, in metal and plastic
- Get at least two sets of each, so you're not continually washing them as you cook
- glass measuring cups with spout, for liquids
- slotted spoon
- wooden spoons
- sturdy metal spoons
- Soup ladle
- hand held electric mixer
- Wire whisks in different sizes
- straight spatulas
- angled handle spatulas
- rubber scraper spatulas
Sieves and Colanders
- nested varying size sieves, in stainless steel (work as flour sifters too)
- steel or plastic colander
Pots and Pans
Depends on how much you intend on making. Recipes vary ")
- swivel-bladed vegetable peeler
- grater with various sized holes
- can opener
- kitchen timer
- kitchen shears
1/4 cup(1/2 stick) butter 60 G
3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth 3 (400 g)
3/4 teaspoon of garlic powder 4 ml
1 bunch of green onions with tops, diced
1 large russet potato, peeled and cubed
1/2 ( 8 oz) package cubed Velveeta cheese
1 (15 oz) can cut asparagus ( or you can buy fresh and trim your own tops)
1 (8 oz) carton sour cream ( not really my favorite "o)
Real Bacon Bits
* Combine butter, broth, garlic, green onion and potatoe in large saucepan
* Heat and cook for 15 to 20 minutes( 20 if you want your potatoes more tender)
*Add cheese and gradually stir allowing cheese to melt and not burn.
*Stir in asparagus. Then add and HEAT not boil, just enough to make the soup hot .
*Sprinkle bacon bits over each serving if preferred.
* Serves about 8 people ")
Ham And Fresh Okra Soup
1 ham Hock
1(10 oz) package frozen butter bean or Lima beans 280 g
1 1/2 lbs cooked cubed ham 680 g
1 (15 oz) an of stewed tomatoes 425 g
3 small cups, whole okra 215 g
1 large vidalia onion, diced
Cooked white rice
* Boil ham hock in 1 and 1/2 quarts of water for about an hour and a half in soup or crock pot
*Add remaining ingredients with salt and pepper to your liking. Let simmer for 45 minutes.
* Remove ham hock and serve over rice.
* Serves 6 ")
Tater Talk Soup
5 medium potatoes, peeled,cubed
2 cups cooked, cubed ham 280 g
1 cup chopped, fresh broccoli florets 70 g
1 (10 oz) can cheddar cheese soup 280 g
1 (10 oz) can fiesta nacho cheese soup 280 g
1 (14 oz) can of chicken broth 400 g
2 and a half soups can milk
*Place potatoes, ham and broccoli in sprayed slow cooker, or crock pot
*Combine soups, broth and milk in saucepan and heat just enough to mix until smooth.
Pour ingredients in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
* Serves 8 ")
Warm Your Soul Soup
3 ( 14 oz) cans of chicken broth 3 (400g)
1 (10 oz) can Italian-stewed tomatoes with liquid 280 g
Half cup of chopped onions 80 g
3/4 cup chopped celery 75 g
1/2 (12 oz)box of fettuccini 1/2 (340 g)
*Combine chicken broth,tomatoes. onion and celery in large soup pot.
*Bring to a boil and simmer until onion and celery are almost done
*Add pasta and cook al dente( firm but tender). Season with a little salt and pepper.
* Serves max 6 ")
Steak -A- Blaze Soup
1 pound ground sirloin steak 455 g
2(10 oz) cans vegetable soup 2(280g)
2(10 oz) cans tomatoes and green chilies with liquid 2(280g)
2 (or more based of your liking) Habanero peppers diced finely ( remove seeds)
* Brown ground sirloin in large skillet, crumble and drain.
* Stir in soups, tomatoes, green chilies and diced habanero peppers
* Heat on a medium low flame for 15 to 20 minutes or until hot.
*Stir often. Serves 4 "0
Seaside Soup Cancun
4 (14 oz) cans chicken broth 4(400g)
1 bunch of fresh Cilantro, coarsely chopped
3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 ear of fresh corn, cuts into 6 rounds
1 tablespoon of ground cumin 15 ml
2 tablespoons butter 30 g
2 onions, chopped
1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
1 clove of garlic, minced ( or jar)
3 tomatoes on the vine, chopped
1 poblano chile,seeded, chopped
1/2 teaspoon sugar 2 ml
4 corn tortillas
4 tablespoons of lime juice 60 ml
*Bring chicken broth to a boil in large saucepan over high heat. Add cilantro, chicken,corn and cumin. Cook until chicken and corn are done, about 15 minutes.
*Melt butter in skillet and add onion, colored pepper, garlic and tomatoes. Cook< stirring frequently for about 10 minutes.
*Cut chili into 1/4 inch rounds and add to skillet. Add tomato mixture and sugar to chicken mixture. Cook for additional 10 minutes.
* Cut tortillas into thin strips, fry in skillet with olice oil until crispy, drain. Stir in lime juice and pour soup into serving bowl. Garnish with strips of fried tortillas and 1 heaping tablespoon of sour cream.
* Serves 8. Enjoy!! ")
Cold Peach Soup
1 1/2 pounds of fresh peaches, peeled and sliced 680 g
1 ( 8 ounce) carton of sour cream 230 g
1 ( 8 ounce) carton of peach yogurt 230 g
2 1/2 cups or orange juice 625 ml
1 tablespoon of lemon juice 15 ml
3 tablespoons of sugar
* Puree or mix peaches in a blender until smooth. Add sour cream, yogurt, orange juice and lemon juice and process until they blend mixing well.Stir in sugar, cover and refigerate for at least 2 to 3 hours.
* Serves 8 Enjoy ")
Cold strawberry soup
2 1/4 cups of strawberries 405 g
1/3 cup of sugar 70 g
1/2 cup of sour cream 120 g
1/2 cup of whipped cream 125 ml
1/2 cup of light red wine 125 ml
* Puree or mix strawberries and sugar in blender. Pour into pitcher, stir in sour cream and whipped cream and blend well.
* Add red wine and 1 1/4 cups (310 ml) of water. Stir and refrigerate before serving for at least 2 hours for best taste.
* serves 4 to 6 Enjoy
Strawberry Orange Soup
1 1/2 cups of fresh strawberries 270 g
1 cup of orange juice 250 ml
1/4 cup of honey 85 ml
1/2 cup of sour cream 120 g
1/2 cup of white wine 125 ml
* Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree.Chill thoroughly for a day for max taste and flavor ")
* serves 4
Summer Breeze Raspberry Soup
3 1/2 cups of fresh raspberries 430 g
1 cup of rose wine 250 ml
3/4 cups of sugar 150 g
1 ( 8 ounce ) carton of sour cream 230 g
* Mash raspberries in bowl, mix in blender and strain to remove seeds. Add approximately enough water to make 3 1/2 cups (875 ml). Place raspberry mixture, wine. sugar and a little salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil , reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. When cool, add sour cream and stir until it blends thoroughly. Refrigerate 4 hours for best taste "0
*Serves 6 Enjoy