Spicy And Sweet Mango Fajitas
This recipe is adding new twist to a old favorite. It works grate in spring and summer with its sweet,refreshing fruit taste and spicy kick. You can turn up the heat or dial it down depending on your on taste and the mango adds a sweetness that I love. You can also use shrimp instead of chicken it will turn out amazing. If you so choose to do this I would and the shrimp in last just be careful not to over cook the shrimp. I like to top mine with guacamole, and mango salsa. Sever with warm tortillas, salsa, and chips.
. I hope you enjoy.
- 2 lg Mango, Sliced
- 1 lg Onion, Sliced
- 1 lb Skinless Chicken Breast, Cut into strips
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Red Pepper, Cut in strips
- 1-2 Jalapeno, Diced ( remove seeds for less heat)
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Cayenne Pepper To Taste
- 1/4-1/2 tsp Cumin
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes To Taste
- add oil, spices and chicken to hot skillet. Fry until chicken is cooked though
- Add onions, peppers, jalapeno cook until soft
- Add Mango and heat though
- Sever with tortillas, lime, cilantro and salsa
How To Warm Up Your Tortillas
Put the tortillas on a microwave safe plate, and covered with a moist paper towel. Layer tortillas with paper towels putting a paper towel in between each tortilla. Microwave for 30 seconds if still not warm add another 30 seconds.
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Wrap a stack of tortillas in foil and place on a pan. Heat in oven for 15 minutes
To keep tortillas warm wrap in a towel and place in a bowl or on plate.
Sever imedataly with what ever you like. Enjoy!!