- Food and Cooking»
- Food For Kids
Easy Corn Dog Recipe
- 2 cup corn meal
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp black /white pepper, optional
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 6 tsp baking powder
- 2 egg
- 2 cup whole milk
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 32 beef/chicken frankfurters
- 32 wooden skewers, soaked in water to prevent burning
- In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, salt, pepper (optional), sugar and baking powder. Stir in eggs and milk.Pour batter into a glass tall enough to coat frankfurters adding more batter as needed while frying.
- Preheat oil in a saucepan over low heat. Insert wooden skewers into frankfurters. Insert frankfurters in batter until well coated.
- Fry 2 corn dogs at a time until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Then serve
Easiest baked corn dog (Crescent Dogs)
Another simple easy way to make corn dogs is using Pillsbury™ Crescent rolls.
What you will need to make Crescent Dogs.
8 hot dogs
1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
1 - Heat oven to 375°F.
2 - Separate dough into triangles. Wrap dough triangle around each hot dog. Place on ungreased cookie sheet, cheese side up.
3 - Bake at 375°F. for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. And there you have it...Crescent Dogs!!
|Serving size: 16/32|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|