- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Low Calorie Easy Desserts
Desserts Low In Calories
Delicious desserts do not need to be high in calories. If you're on a diet or just watching your calories you may feel that you have to deprive yourself of all the things that you loved before but that doesn't have to be the case. As long as you set aside some calories you can still have desserts and not feel deprived.
Having a sweet tooth can often get you into trouble and you may end up gaining weight, hence the diet or restricted calories you might be on now. All is not lost though as I would like to share my favorite desserts that are under 100 calories. I love dessert and I can easily set aside 100 calories to satisfy my sweet cravings with one of these yummy desserts.
All of these desserts are super easy to make so if you are new to cooking and baking you'll have a blast with these. All of the instructions are broken down into simple steps and there will only be four or five instructions per dessert, including assembly if required.
*I'll be adding deserts as time goes by so stay tuned for more yummy recipes.
I've found that substituting fruit for chocolate in the dessert really saves some calories. However, if chocolate is all you crave you can still have the fruit and drizzle some chocolate sauce on there to get the kick you need.
What's Your Favorite Low Calorie Dessert
Hot Chocolate Custard
Quick And Easy Hot Chocolate Custard
This is one of my favorites to have on a cold night especially when my chocolate cravings have kicked in. Sometimes I will have the custard just by itself or add in a little fruit to bulk it up if I'm particularly hungry. This recipe will give you four servings.
- 300 ml cornflour (cornstarch)
- 45 ml cocoa (unsweetened chocolate) powder
- 600 ml skimmed milk
- Artificial sweetener granules
- Blend the cornflour and cocoa with a little of the milk in a saucepan then stir in the rest of the milk (this prevents lumps).
- Bring to the boil and cook for 3 minutes all the while stirring until it is smooth and thick.
- Add in the sweetener to taste and then serve by itself or with a little fruit.
Just Right Rice Pudding
Basic Rice Pudding
Rice pudding is another great dessert to have on a cold winters evening. I sometimes like to put on a couple of chopped strawberries when serving to add a little extra flavor. This recipe contains 4 servings.
- 50 g of round-grain (pudding) rice
- 600 ml skimmed milk
- Artificial sweetener
- Grated nutmeg
- Put the rice in an ovenproof dish.
- Stir in the milk and sweeten to taste. sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for about 1.5 - 2 hours until the rice is tender and the top is a golden brown.
- Serve into bowls and add some chopped strawberries or other berries as desired.
Meringue Nests With Berries
This is a very simple recipe which is great for beginners or if you're in a rush to pull a dessert together at short notice.
- 1-2 meringue nest per person
- Creme fraiche or low-fat yoghurt
- Strawberries, raspberries or any other fruit of your choice
- Add a tablespoon or two onto each nest being careful not to overfill them
- Add tablespoon of berries or enough fruit of your choosing.
I normally like to have two of these as they make a really nice naughty but nice treat.
Breakfast And Dessert
This treat can have at anytime throughout the day
Fruit With Yoghurt
Fruit and yogurt is another of my very quick and easy desserts that taste so good. The fruit provides the sweetness and the yogurt has it's own natural sweetness and creamy texture.
- Spoon in a few tablespoon of your favorite yogurt (preferably low-fat so you can have more)
- Add on a handful of your favorite chopped fruit. My preference is for grapes, berries, oranges, bananas, and apples but you can add anything you like.
You may also want to add in a some about of chopped nuts or dates to get some extra protein but remember to adjust your calories if you're adding any other ingredients in.
More Advanced Cooking
If you're looking for recipes that are a little more challenging the check out the recipe links below or have a look at the recipe book below as well.
Low Calorie Desserts
- Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe
Cheesecake is surprisingly easy to make and has very little preparation time. This recipe is for a strawberry cheesecake but when winter comes you can substitute for blackberries or other winter fruit.
- How To Make A Quick Chocolate Mousse Dessert Recipe
This yummy chocolate mousse can be prepared in 10 minutes (set in a further 10) with common pantry ingredients. It is ideal to whip up when you have unexpected guests and need a quick set of nibbles to give them when they arrive.
- How To Make Easy Chocolate and Orange Torte
If you have a sweet tooth and love chocolate and orange then you'll love this torte.