11 of the Best Kitchen Tips Ever!
Sprinkle With Lemon
1. Sprinkle cut apples and bananas with lemon juice to prevent browning of the fruits.
2. Turn pot/pan handles in, away from the front of the stove to prevent accidents, little hands grabbing at the stove etc
Do You Enjoy?
Do you enjoy spending time in your kitchen?
3. Keep a box of disposable gloves handy so you can strip them off and change them between handling different foods without having to constantly wash your hands to avoid cross contamination.
4. Spray all baking pans/trays with a vegetable cooking spray to prevent food from sticking and to speed up your cleanup time.
Take Away the Guessing
5. Keep a digital instant read thermometer handy to take the guess work out of cooking meat and avoid over/under cooking.
Cut Side Up
6. Cut a lemon in half and squeeze over dish cut side up to avoid getting the seeds in your dish.
7. Keep some frozen puff pastry on hand to use for a quick dessert base, topping for a shepherd's pie, instant pie crust..
8. Place your cutting board inside a cookie sheet when cutting raw/cooked meats to contain the juices and make cleanup easier.
Sharpen a Dull Knife
Sharpen Your Knife
9. The unglazed bottom of a ceramic coffee mug works as a quick fix for a dull knife. Simple run the knife edge from heel to tip on the bottom edge of cup about 20 times then flip knife over and do the same another 20 times. Voila, sharpened knife.
Cinnamon and Vanilla
10. Toss a couple teaspoons of cinnamon and a splash of vanilla into a shallow pan of boiling water to quickly disperse offensive kitchen smells eg; boiled cabbage, hard-boiled eggs
Baking Soda Magic
11. Remove burnt on popcorn and other stuck messes in your pots and pans buy boiling 2-3 inches of water and a handful of baking soda in the offending pot on the stove while you do the rest of the dishes. After about 20 minutes of boiling wash the dirty pot as usual. All stuck on junk will now be easy to remove. A splash of vinegar in the water helps the process.
Keep baking soda handy to toss on the occasional kitchen fire that crops up!
Add Your Handy Tip
Do you have a handy kitchen tip to pass along? Add it in the comments section below.
Make it a great day !
© 2016 ShyeAnne