Frying With Ease: 10 Tips To Guide You
Frying is a method of cooking that involves cooking food in fat or oil, or on hot metal surface at high temperature. Frying requires skills to do it right. While some are afraid of the hot oil, others are afraid of turning food during frying. There are always ways to solve these problems in frying and they are all here in this hub. But before we continue with the tips that can help you fry with ease, let's look at the methods of frying.
There are basically two types. Deep frying and shallow frying. However, there are other methods of frying, these are:
- Deglazing is a classic
method of frying fish coated with seasoned flour. Clarified butter is mostly used
- Sautéing involves tossing food in just a little oil or no oil.
- Griddling - this is cooking on a hot metal surface known as griddle plates. Examples of foods cooked with this method are Scotch pancakes, Welsh cakes, hamburger etc.
- Stir Frying involves constant turning food.
Tips For Efficiency
1. A systematic working method is required. Know what to add at each point in frying to avoid buying food.
2. Fat or oil should be at correct temperature before placing food in it, if the oil is below the required temperature, the food would be soggy and if the temperature is higher than the required temperature the food would burn.
3. Care must be taken when turning delicate foods during frying.
4. Required temperature for frying should be maintained throughout the frying process.
5. Every equipment needed at various stages should be handy.
6. In sauteing, care must be taken so that the food does not break too much.
7. If food is coated, make sure the coating covers every part of the food before frying.
8. With browning, temperature counts therefore, avoid burning.
9. Use the right size of pan when necessary so that you can easily turn the food.
10. Place food gently in fat or oil to avoid splashing. You may use protective clothing.
So you see, Frying just like any other method of cooking can be enjoyed. All you need is to know the type you are using and make use of these tips.
Thank you for making time to read my hub.