- Food and Cooking»
Witchy Brews To Help Perk You Up
Let's Create Some Magic
Cure - All - Remedy
In a gallon jug
- large can pineapple chunks with juice
- large can peaches (diced) with juice
- large jar cherries with juice
- bottle of Whisky
- eight ounces of honey
Stir and put on the lid
I am not a doctor, nor trained in any way medically, nor claim to be. Please see your physician with any questions about these products, recipes or ingredients and use at your own discretion and responsibility. I waive all responsibility medically or any otherwise.
Take to every Gallon of Honey, three Gallons of water, and put them both together, and set them on a soft fire, that you may endure to melt and break the honey with your hands.— Kenelm Digby
Get Well Soon
We have finally started to notice that there is real curative value in local herbs and remedies. In fact, we are also becoming aware that there are little or no side effects to most natural remedies, and that they are often more effective than Western medicine.— Anne Wilson Schaef
Get Well Drink
- 6 cups water
- Two lemons rinsed off and sliced
- 5” fresh ginger root, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup honey
- 12 oz. can of frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
Put all ingredients in crock pot except orange juice and cook on high two hours, add juice, stir and serve.
Homemade Cough Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 4 Tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground dry ginger
- Place all the ingredients in a small container or jar and shake to combine well.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Shake well before using.
- Take a tablespoon as desired.
You see that the people who are drawn to alternative medicine are often fairly healthy and they go to alternative medicine for what I call the 'symptoms of life.' Fatigue, joint pains, inability to concentrate, perhaps, the kinds of things that anyone over twenty-five gets at some point.— Marcia Angell
Share With A Friend
Coffee Milk Shake
Put a scoop of ice cream in a heavy glass, add cold coffee, and top with cool whip
Make a cup of coffee as usual. Pour over ice cubes in a heavy glass.
Hot Chocolate Espresso
- cup strong hot coffee
- tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup cream (or 1/2 cup half-and-half and 1/2 cup milk)
- one tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- whipped cream
- 2tablespoons milk chocolate, grated
Put coffee, sugar, milk, and cocoa in a pot and heat. Pour into mugs and top with whipped cream and grated chocolate. Serve hot.
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup sugar (depending on how sweet you like it)
- Pinch of salt
- One gal milk or any combination of milk, half-and-half, or cream
- one teaspoon vanilla extract
Put all ingredients in a crock pot except vanilla. Turn on high. Whisk together all ingredients; occasionally stir until it is hot. Stir in the vanilla and serve.
Option - add miniature marshmallows.
I force people to have coffee with me, just because I don't trust that a friendship can be maintained without any other senses besides a computer or cell phone screen.— John Cusack
- 1 cup hot brewed coffee
- One teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 ounces Irish cream whiskey
- 1-ounce Irish whiskey
- 1/2 ounce peppermint schnapps
- Whipped Cream, recipe follows, for topping
- Shaved dark chocolate, for garnish, optional
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- One tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- One teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Pour the hot coffee into a mug and add the sugar. Stir until the sugar melts. Stir in the Irish cream, Irish whiskey, and schnapps. Top with a nice dollop of Whipped Cream and some shaved dark chocolate if using.
Add the heavy cream, confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract to a large bowl. Beat with a hand mixer until soft peaks appear.
Karma is experience, and experience creates a memory, and memory creates imagination and desire, and desire creates karma again. If I buy a cup of coffee, that's karma. I now have that memory that might give me the potential, desire for having a cappuccino, and I walk into a coffee shop, and there's karma all over again.
- 8 ounces coffee
- 8 ounces vodka
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
Chill 4 martini glasses.
Combine the coffee, vodka, and simple syrup in a martini shaker. Fill the shaker with ice. Shake for about 10 seconds. Divide between the chilled martini glasses. Serve immediately.
In a saucepan combine water and sugar over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, until the sugar has dissolved. Take the pan off the heat and chill the syrup. Any extra cooled syrup can be saved in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
I'm just a regular, sensitive kind of go-about-my business everyday kind of woman. I'm just a person that gets up at the crack of dawn and makes coffee and hangs out on the couch with my laptop on my lap and write blogs, read bible studies online and play online scrabble with friends. A hot cup of green tea with honey in the evening is welcomely refreshing.— Rosa Ann Crowder
Add A Little Honey
Hot Green Tea
- one tea bag
- one tablespoon honey
- cup of water
Put all ingredients in a large mug. Heat in microwave for 90 seconds and serve.
Option - Add teaspoon lemon juice.
Spiced Tea For A Crowd
- 16-ounce container instant tea
- 1/4 cup instant tang
- one small box red hots candy
- 1/2 gallon water
Put all ingredients in crock pot on high. Keep stirred until candy melts. Serve hot.
Use any milky liquid you prefer, whether it's from a cow (whole, 2%, 1% or fat-free), nuts (almond milk), beans (soy milk), or grains (rice milk). For sweeteners, feel free to substitute maple syrup, honey, or agave nectar for sugar, but start with less, about one tablespoon, and taste the combination before adding more.
Loose Some Weight
Honey with Lemon Juice and Warm Water
- Take a tablespoon of honey and a teaspoon of lemon juice. ...
- Mix this honey and lemon juice in a glass of lukewarm water.
- Drink this early in the morning with empty stomach.
- Regularize this process to get rid of the weight loss.