15 Fun Facts About Chocolate!
1. Chocolate comes from the cacao tree.This tree is believed to have originated in South America. Beans from this tree are turned into paste which is used to make chocolate products.
2. Cocoa has a higher antioxidant capacity than almost any other food. Antioxidants are great for your health and can help prevent disease and aging by protecting the body from damaging free radicals.
3. Most of the world's cocoa is grown close to the equator. West Africa produces most of the world's cocoa.
4. According to one Italian study, women who eat chocolate have a better sex life than those who do not.
5. Hershey's is the oldest chocolate factory in the United States and produces over one billion pounds of chocolate products each year!
6. Research does not support the claim that chocolate causes acne.
7. When melting chocolate be sure not to overheat it or you may alter its flavor.
8. White chocolate does not contain cocoa. Basically, it's not actually chocolate!
9. Several studies have shown that chocolate may be help lower cholesterol and be good for your heart.
10. Although chocolate is healthy for human's to eat, it can be toxic for many animals including dogs, cats, birds, and horses.
11. The Swiss consume more chocolate per capita than any other country!
12. Studies have shown that women tend to crave chocolate more than men.
13. Most people think that the ears of a chocolate bunny should be eaten first.
14. Cacao beans were used as currency in ancient Aztec and Mayan civilizations.
15. German chocolate has nothing to do with Germany. It was named after a man named Sam German.