15 Ways To Doctor Cream Cheese
15 Ways To Doctor Cream Cheese
Please Vote In Our Poll.
Have You Tried One Or More Of The Ways To Doctor Cream Cheese?
More Cream Cheese Information
Cream Cheese was made and used as early as 1571 in England. There were many recipes for ways to serve cream cheese by the late 1700's.
You'll discover if you try that cream cheese is delicious on bagels, toast, chips, and raw vegetables. You can find all kinds of recipes for making various types of cream cheese dip. One of the most delicious recipes is to add two tablespoons of dry Italian Dressing to eight ounces of cream cheese and mix it up very well. Cream cheese made this way is excellent to dip raw carrots and celery sticks in.
Below are some great ways you can flavor and enjoy cream cheese.
1. Vegetable Cream Cheese. Just take a small carrot, a tablespoon of onion, and a teaspoon of dry parsley and mix it together well in a food processor with eight ounces of cream cheese.
2. Strawberry Cream Cheese. Take 6 - 8 strawberries and eight ounces of cream cheese and mix them together well in a food processor. You'll end up with a delicious strawberry cream cheese.
3. Cream Cheese And Chives. Mix two large tablespoons of fresh finely chopped chives into eight ounces of cream cheese in the food processor. Cream Cheese and Chives is excellent in baked potatoes.
4. Blackberry Cream Cheese. Puree a fourth cup of fresh blackberries into eight ounces of cream cheese in your food processor. Serve on lightly toasted bagels.
5. Peaches And Cinnamon Cream Cheese. Mix a large peeled fresh peach and a teaspoon of cinnamon into eight ounces of cream cheese. Again serve on lightly toasted bagels. Oh man this is so delicious.
6. Kiwi Cream Cheese. Peel two Kiwi Fruit and puree them into eight ounces of cream cheese in the food processor. Spread this onto cinnamon flavored bagels that have been lightly toasted and it is so delicious.
7. Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese. Puree four ounces of smoked salmon into eight ounces of cream cheese. Add a teaspoon of lemon pepper and a easpoon of fresh ground tarragon to the mixture and serve on bagels or on Ritz crackers for a delicious tasty treat.
8. Crab Cream Cheese. Mix a eight ounce container of fresh crab meat into eight ounces of cream cheese in the food processor. Add a teaspoon of lemon pepper seasoning and a tablespoon of lemon zest for some of the best crab spread that you'll ever taste in your life.
9. Honey And Almond Cream Cheese. Mix a tablespoon of honey and two tablespoons of roasted almonds into eight ounces of cream cheese in the food processor. Be sure your almonds get blended in well. This is a wonderful spread.
10. Garlic And Herb Cream Cheese. Here you need a tablespoon of freshly ground garlic, a tablespoon of purple heirloom basil, and a tablespoon of fresh oregano. Mix everything up together in the food processor and you have a delightfully delicious spread.
It was in 1885 that Philadelphia Cream Cheese first went on sale in its distinctive packaging and its high quality taste. I myself always use Philadelphia Cream Cheese because the quality is vastly superior to almost any other product.
Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
Here is the world famous cream cheese frosting recipe. You can use this frosting on spice cake, spice cake cup cakes, carrot cake or carrot cup cakes. Its one of the most delicious frosting recipes you'll ever make and use. Its so delicious that I can eat it with a spoon.
Ingredients For Cream Cheese Frosting
1. Eight Ounces Of Philadelphia Cream Cheese At Room Tempurature.
2. One Fourth Cup Butter Softened.
3. One Teaspoon Vanilla Extract.
4. Four Cups Powdered Sugar Sifted Into A Large Bowl.
Mix all your ingredients into the sifted powdered sugar and you'll end up with the most delicious Cream Cheese Frosting that you'll ever taste. Yes it really is that delicious.
You can make an oh so delicious coconut cake frosting by following the above recipe and then work a cup of toasted frozen ( thawed ) coconut into the frosting. Use this frosting to cover yellow cake layers and you'll have a delightfully delicious coconut cake.
Stuffed Baked Potatoes
I sometimes take a eight ounce package of cream cheese and mix it with the below ingredients in the food processor.
1. One Fourth Cup Crisp Fried And Crumbled Bacon.
2. Two Tablkespoons Fresh Chopped Chives.
3. Two Tablespoons Fine Chopped Sweet Onion.
4. One Fourth Cup Fine Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
5. One Teaspoon Dried Parsley.
6. One Teaspoon Ground Sea Salt.
7. One Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper.
Let your cream cheese come up to room temperature and get soft so it will be easy to work with. Then mix all your ingredients together in a large bowl with a hand electric mixer. Bake several large potatoes until done and then split them open. Put a large ice cream scoop of the above mixture into each split baked potato and I guarantee you they will be delicious.
15 Ways To Doctor Cream Cheese
I love appetizers and simple things to serve with crackers and so I thought I would come up with at least 15 ways to doctor up cream cheese. You can easily use a food processor to mix room temperature cream cheese up with any of the below ingredients. One spread not listed below that has always been a crowd favorite that I know of is to take deli Cajun roast beef and puree it ( Eight Ounces ) very smooth. Squeeze it to drain out the juices and then mix with a teaspoon of purple onion and eight ounces of cream cheese in your food processor. Add salt and pepper to taste. You won't believe how wonderful it will taste.
You can serve these spreads on butter crackers, or toast made from pumpernickel bread, rye bread, or whole grain wheat bread. Sometimes I will cut each piece of toast up into four pieces and serve my spread on the little pieces of toast. People really seem to love it served this way.
And we all know that cream cheese of any type is delicious on a toasted bagel. If you haven't tried it that way yet then you have missed much. Go to the store right now for bagels and cream cheese.
Most of the below ways of doctoring cream cheese will work best if you have and use a food processor to mix up your various ingredients with the cream cheese. You'll find that if you use the metal blade in your processing you'll have the most success. Spray the inside of your food processor including the metal blade with vegetable cooking spray for ease of clean up.
1. Mix one half cup of sun dried tomatoes and one tablespoon of fresh chopped basil with eight ounces of cream cheese and serve the dried tomato spread on crackers or pumpernickel or rye bread. You can try spreading your bread with garlic butter and toast it under your broiler. The dried tomato spread will be delicious on the toast.
2. You can make a delicious pepper spread by adding one half cup of high quality pepper jelly to eight ounces of cream cheese in the food processor and mix everything up together well. This pepper spread is especially tasty on toasted multi grain wheat bread.
3. You can make one of the best beef spreads you will ever taste by adding a small jar of dried beef slices to eight ounces of cream cheese and mix it up together very well until all the beef is very well chopped up and mixed up well with the cream cheese. This spread is really good on almost any type of butter crackers and I sometimes add a teaspoon of horseradish to the mixture when I am mixing it up. You will have to use a food processor to make this dip.
4. Chop up one half cup of radishes and add them and one teaspoon of fresh black pepper to eight ounces of cream cheese. This is one of my favorites and I serve it on small squares of toasted pumpernickel bread and people just love it.
5. Mix one fourth cup of store bought pesto sauce along with a few pine nuts into eight ounces of cream cheese. This makes a wonderful and flavorful spread.
6. Mix one fourth cup of pitted olives into eight ounces of cream cheese and garnish this spread with a few fresh thyme leaves. Cream cheese and olives is delicious on pumpernickel bread or butter crackers. This spread was my Mom's favorite. We made it often from Halloween to Christmas.
7. Mix a small jar of marinated artichokes into eight ounces of cream cheese and mix well. Add a half teaspoon of ground sea salt as you are mixing it up. This is especially good on pumpernickel or rye bread that you either toast or don't toast. If you toast it first spread it with garlic butter and lightly sprinkle the bread with ground cayenne pepper before you toast your bread.
8. Here's another of my favorites. Drain a can of tiny baby shrimp and add them to eight ounces of cream cheese. Also add a teaspoon of ground nutmeg and one tablespoon of sweet finely minced red onion. This spread is especially good served on bagel chips or toast made from English muffins that you have toasted and cut into four pieces. Spread your English muffins with garlic butter before you toast them.
9. Mix a 4 ounce jar of green chilies and their juices into eight ounces of cream cheese. Add a level teaspoon of ground cumin to the mixture. This is also excellent on taco's or on taco salad.
10. Mix four ounces of smoked salmon and a teaspoon of fresh lemon juice into eight ounces of cream cheese. You can really use any smoked fish for this. You may or may not want to add a level teaspoon of red pepper flakes or a half teaspoon of ground cayenne pepper to this mixture.
11. Mix a eight ounce can of crab meat into eight ounces of cream cheese along with salt and pepper to taste and a teaspoon of fresh squeezed lemon juice to this mixture. This is a perfect spread to stuff cherry tomatoes with. Dust the top of the spread in the cherry tomatoes with fresh grated Parmesan Cheese.
12. Mix one small can of deviled ham and one teaspoon of Dijon mustard into eight ounces of cream cheese. This is great on toast points or you can stuff it into cherry tomatoes.
13. Mix one half cup of crumbled blue cheese, a tablespoon of pear preserves and a tablespoon of roasted almond slices to eight ounces of cream cheese. This spread is especially good on any type of butter crackers.
14. Mix one fourth cup of honey roasted almonds and a level teaspoon of ground cayenne pepper into eight ounces of cream cheese. You can spread this spread on pita bread with lettuce, tomatoes and diced cucumbers for an excellent vegetarian sandwich.
15. Mix one half cup of boiled diced ham and a teaspoon of honey into eight ounces of cream cheese. Be sure that you run the food processor long enough so that all the boiled ham gets well mixed up into the cream cheese.
There are fifteen ways to doctor cream cheese but there are many other ways you can doctor cream cheese. I like to serve the dried beef spread in a small round hallowed out loaf of bread that I have buttered and toasted under the broiler before I add my dried beef spread to the bread bowl. You will want to allow your bread bowl to cool to room temperature before you add the dried beef spread to it.
Make several of the spreads and serve the spreads stuffed in bread bowls or large tomatoes along with butter crackers, toast points or etc. You can create a really decorative spread that people will love with 3 - 5 spreads, crackers, toast points, chips, other dips, and etc. Add a watermelon basket stuffed with fruit balls and a beverage station and you'll have a party. And there's all kinds of ideals you can come up with.
And like I said I bet you can come up with your own ways to doctor up cream cheese and if you do please post your ideals below and let us all know your ideal. Thanks for taking the time to read my Hub Page on, " 15 Ways To Doctor Cream Cheese ".