150 Calorie Breakfast Recipe: Mushroom, Spinach, and Cheese Omelet
Are you looking for a quick, easy, low-calorie breakfast idea? Try this super-healthy, protein-packed spinach and cheese omelet! Ready in just 10 minutes and only 150 calories per serving, this recipe is the perfect on-the-go solution that will keep you and your waistline happy.
- 1 Cup Mushrooms, Uncooked
- 1/4 Cup Kraft Shredded Fat Free Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2-3/4 Cup Better N' Eggs
- 1 Cup Spinach, Uncooked
- PAM Cooking Spray
- Spray a frying pan with PAM zero-calorie cooking spray.
- Place on the stove top and set the temperature to medium heat.
- After approximately one minute, after the pan begins to heat up, pour 1/2 - 3/4 cups (depending on preference) of Better N' Eggs Egg Substitute into the pan.
- After approximately 2 minutes, or when egg substitute begins to solidity, flip the omelet with a spatula.
- Turn down stove heat to low.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of Kraft Shredded Fat Free Mozzarella onto one half of the Omelet and let cheese melt for approximately 30 seconds.
- Add 1 cup of mushrooms and 1 cup of spinach to the omelette, placing it on top of the cheese.
- With the spatula, fold the omelet in half and press down gently.
- Cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer omelet from the frying pan to a dish and enjoy!
|Serving size: 1 Omelet|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 0 g|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 4 g||1%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 17 g||34%|
|Cholesterol 5 mg||2%|
|Sodium 325 mg||14%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Ingredients for the Health and Calorie Conscious
Are you a health freak? Are you watching your waistline? The ingredients featured in this dish are perfect for those of you looking for a simple, energy-packed breakfast that won't damage your figure. These ingredients are highly versatile and can be incorporated into other dishes as well.
Did you know that white, uncooked mushrooms have only 10-15 calories per serving? Mushrooms contain a variety of beneficial nutrients and have been praised for their health benefits by many Eastern cultures for hundreds of years.
Spinach is also nutrient-packed and protein-rich. At 15 calories per serving, it's the perfect way to incorporate leafy greens into your diet.
Are you a cheese lover that despises the high calorie and fat content of most varieties? Fat free cheese is the perfect solution! Experience the guilt-free deliciousness of Kraft Fat Free Shredded Mozzarella Cheese. It's only 45 calories per serving. Kraft also makes a fat free cheddar variety.
Better N' Eggs, in my humble opinion, is the best egg substitute out there. At only 30 calories per serving, this protein-packed egg substitute is sure to delight! The texture of Better N' Eggs is softer and more pleasing that traditional Egg Whites, which tend to be hard and gelatinous. If you pour Better N' Eggs into a frying pan and stir occasionally, you will end up with the most delicious low-calorie scrambled eggs in existence!