- Food and Cooking
17 Different Ways to cook a hot dog
How do you like your hot dogs?
If you love hotdogs and fancy them along with some pasta - may it be with tomato sauce or white sauce or just butter, read this article about the different delicious ways you can cook pasta and learn a few ways to cook pasta, some of them includes hot dogs!
Simple and interesting ways to cook a hot dog
It’s not just the kids that love hot dogs, everyone loves hot dogs. We have hot dog sandwiches in our favorite fast food chains. And I’m sure we will all agree that most if not all taste great. Here is a collection of ways to cook our favorite snack – the hot dog.
1. Fry with oil only. Heat a skillet on medium heat and then pour enough oil to thinly coat the skillet. Put the hot dog and turn it occasionally.
2. Oil and water Technique. Pour about five table spoons of water and two table spoons of oil on a skillet. Heat the skillet at high heat. When the water boils put in the hot dog. Lower the heat to medium when the water dries up and it’s just the oil there.
3. Open flame technique. Stick your hot dog onto a fork. Turn on your stove to medium heat then “barbecue” your hot dog like how campers cook their marshmallows.
4. Barbequed hot dog, no marinade. Treat your hot dog like a barbecue!
5. Barbequed hot dog, with marinade. Marinade your hot dog in tomato catsup and spices before you barbecue it.
6. Sauté hot dog. Chop the hot dog then sauté it with garlic and onions. Add seasonings or spices.
7. Hot dog Omelet. Sauté the hot dog then pour beaten eggs then treat it like an omelet.
8. Hot Dog Pancake. Add chopped hot dogs into the pancake mixture then cook like pancakes.
9. Hot dog Chowder A. Sauté Chopped hot dog then add tomato sauce. Season.
10Hot dog Chowder B. Instead of tomato sauce, use cream. Season.
11. Hot dog Chowder C. Instead of cream, put a small amount of water. Add a cup of grated cheese and a little amount of broth cubes. Just enough to make the taste of the broth prominent. Mix until the cheese melts. Season. Use Chicken hot dog.
12. Steamed Hot Dog. Steam the hot dog for five minutes then you’ll have an oil free hot dog delight.
13. Solar Cooked Hot Dog. Get some foil, some aluminum wires – thick ones, and some barbecue sticks. Form the foil like a concave mirror so that it would reflect and concentrate light to the hot dog. Use the aluminum wires as a frame. Stick the hot dog to the barbecue stick. Wait until clear midday then bring your ingenious hot dog cooking mechanism outside. And most of all enjoy!
14. Micro waved Hotdog. Medium heat for one minute or depending on how well done you want it, set the timer accordingly.
15.Toasted Hot dog. Toast the hot dog in the oven toaster for five minutes.
16. Hot Dog Stew. I recommend using chicken hot dogs because red hot dogs will make your soup pinkish. Chop them to smaller sizes then treat your hot dogs as meat extenders for your stew.
17. Hot Dog Cooked with Rice. When you feel lazy but want some cooked Hot Dog, cook them along with your rice. When you finished washing your rice and are about to place the pan in the rice cooker. Drop hot dogs in the pan. Using red hot dogs will leave a stain or may even make your rice pink. Use chicken hot dogs instead.
There are just so many ways you can cook a hot dog. Get creative! Turn your ordinary snack into an extra-ordinary, maybe a little weird, but fun treat. Interested in more Hot dog recipes? Here are some Chili Hot dog Recipes.