Two-Ingredient Cookie Recipes
Best, Fastest Recipe Ever!
Ever need a homemade dessert in a real hurry? These are the fastest, best, cookies I've ever eaten. Try these once and you will be convinced. I've had a hard time getting a picture of these because they disappear so fast at my house. There are so many variations of these cookies that you may never want to use a more complicated recipe again!
- 1 package cake mix, any variety
- 1/2 cup butter
- Put mix in pan. Melt butter in microwave. Pour butter on cake mix and stir. Pat down with hands or a fork.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. That's it! Cut into bars and enjoy!
Toppings: Two-ingredient bars taste terrific straight from the oven. However, if you want to add toppings, you can make them even better. Here are some topping ideas:
1. Chocolate Chips, Peanut Butter Chips, White chocolate chips or Butterscotch chips: Pour chips on cookie right from the oven. They will melt in a few minutes and you can use a knife to spread them around. While they are still melted, you can put nuts, toffee bits or marshmallows on top. The chocolate will harden up as the cookie cools. To speed up the process, you can put the cookie in the freezer.
2. Cherry pie mix, Blueberry Pie Mix, Blackberry Pie Mix or Peach Pie Mix: After the cookie cools, just pour the pie mix on top. Makes an instant "torte" cookie. You can make the cookie in a round pan to make it more like a real torte.
3. Cookie Pizza: Make this cookie in a round pan. Make this into a "cookie pizza" by combining 1 eight oz. cream cheese with 1 cup of powdered sugar and one teaspoon of vanilla. Spread the cream cheese mixture on the cooled cookie. Top the cream cheese mixture with cut fresh fruits like strawberries, blueberries, and kiwis. Spoon melted light colored jelly (like apple or apricot) on top if you want to make this a fancier dessert). Cut into wedges to serve.
4. Frosting: Cover the cookie with any home made or store bought frosting. Slice and serve. To make a fantastic homemade chocolate truffle frosting, put 1 cup of chocolate chips in a bowl with 1 Tb. butter and 1/4 cup milk or cream. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir. Add more butter if the mixture is too thick. Frost cookie and sprinkle with coconut, toffee bits or chopped up chocolate candies like Butterfinger or Snickers.
Want a Healthier Treat?
So you need a healthier recipe? Still need something fast? If you have bananas and oatmeal, you can mash those together in a food processor and make cookies that are very healthy and chewy. Like my cookies, she adds some chocolate chips for more flavor. You could also add any of the ingredients below for more flavor:
- dried cranberries
- pecans or other nuts
- a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar on top of the cookies
- tiny apple chunks
- sunflower seeds
See the video below for instructions!
Low Fat Two-Ingredient Pumpkin Cookies
Need something with less fat? Try my favorite pumpkin cookies. These are so simple and tasty, especially in the fall. I can never make enough of these. My family loves for me to put in mini chocolate chips.
- 1 white, yellow or spice cake mix
- 1 16 oz. can of pureed pumpkin
Mix until the batter is very well combined. You can add raisins or chocolate chips. Drop by spoonfuls onto parchment paper or greased pans. Bake at 350 degrees for about 18 minutes or until firm. These cookies are very soft and chewy.