30-Minute Turkey Chili
Chili is a favorite comfort meal that's a real American classic. A hearty bowl can be eaten with cornbread or tortilla strips, or you can top it off with avocado, sour cream or melted cheese and you've got a meal that will satisfy your family for hours. The best part... all you need are simple ingredients to prepare a pot of deliciousness that'll make it look like you've spent hours in the kitchen.
Below is a 30-minute recipe that's sure to put a smile on your face, and anyone else who's coming to dinner.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 2 cans chili beans
- 8 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 Tbsps barbeque sauce
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- garlic powder, to taste
- 3/4 cup frozen onions
- 1 chili packet
- Cook ground turkey in a large pot, until evenly browned. Drain and discard excess grease.
- Pour in tomato sauce and water and stir until mixed thoroughly with the meat.
- Add chili packet.
- Stir in onions until soft.
- Add two cans of chili beans and continue stirring.
- Season in a few sprinkles of garlic powder.
- Add barbeque sauce and brown sugar and mix well. Continue combining all ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until you're ready to serve.
There are many ways to vary this filling meal. For the true carnivores, substitute the turkey for beef, or for the vegetarians, eliminate the meat altogether, add additional beans and make it 30-Minute Veggie chili.
And, just think, it may have looked like you were up all night whipping up this satisfying dish, but no one will ever know that all you did was use a little creativity to produce a special meal that only took 30 minutes. And, hopefully, your family will enjoy this as much as mine. Bon Appétit!