6 Paleo/Lowcarb/Gluten-Free Substitutes In 30 Minutes Or Less!
1. Zoodle salad (Low carb, Paleo, Gluten-free)
- 1 or 2 Large Zucchini
- Handful of Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese
- 1/2 cup Black Olives
- 1 cup Olive Oil or Coconut oil
- 1 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- Sea salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Zucchini noodle maker
Shred Zucchini in noodle maker. Fine chop garlic (2 cloves or more, depending on how much garlic you like) and mix with the Olive oil and vinegar until well blended. Mix with remaining ingredients, and serve cold.
Rate this Recipe!
2. Shrimp scampi with Spaghetti Squash (Low carb, Gluten Free, Paleo w/ adjustments)
- 1 lb. Peeled, raw shrimp
- 1-2 T. Butter
- 2 T. Olive oil
- 4-5 cloves minced garlic
- Red Pepper Flakes (to taste)
- 1/2 Cup of white Wine
- 1 T. Chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup lemon Juice
- Sea Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Prepared Spaghetti Squash (See link before for instructions)
On Medium High heat, Melt butter and olive oil together until blended and foamy. Add garlic and Red Pepper flake, making sure to not let garlic burn by stirring. When Garlic starts to brown, add shrimp and drizzle white wine on top. Flip shrimp to cook on other side. When cooked, remove from heat and sprinkle with the lemon juice, Parsley, and salt and pepper. Top shrimp and sauce on top of Spaghetti squash and enjoy!
- How To Cook Spaghetti Squash in the Oven — Cooking Lessons from The Kitchn | The Kitchn
So you took a gamble on a spaghetti squash — it does have a pretty clever sales hook, after all. But now you're staring at this canary-yellow gourd wondering how on earth it could ever be transformed into anything resembling pasta. You're full of dou
3. Plantain Chips (Paleo, Gluten free)
* These are amazingly similar to Tortilla Chips. Try them with your favorite salsa or guac, 1 medium plantain only has about 200 calories!
- 1-2 large plantains
- 1 1/2 teaspoon coconut or olive oil
- sea salt
Set oven to 350 degrees. Slice plantains into thin strips, and place on cookie sheet. Drizzle with oil and place in oven for 10-15 minutes. Pull out and sprinkle with sea salt (to taste.)
These will keep for 5-7 days in a ziplock plastic bag. (If you're like me, they won't last that long!)
4. Breadcrumb Free Mozzerella sticks (Low Carb)
- 5 low fat mozzarella sticks
- 1-2 cups grated Parmesan, in small bowl for dredging
- 1-2 eggs, in bowl, whisked
- Olive Oil
Cut mozzarella sticks in half. Dip in egg, let egg drip off, then roll in Parmesan until covered. Repeat, and place on paper plate. When all of them are finished, place in freezer until hard. (15-20 minutes.) Fill frying pan with olive oil (Just enough to cover the mozzarella sticks) and heat until a drop of water fizzles in it. Drop Mozzarella sticks in and let cook until golden brown. Remove before cheese starts to leak. Flavor with crushed red pepper or sea salt.
5. Fooled-you mashed potatoes (Low carb, Gluten Free, Paleo w/ adjustments)
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- Pepper to taste
- Chives to garnish
Boil large pot with water. In the meantime, clean cauliflower and cut into large chunks. Boil until soft (Approximately 6 minutes.) Remove, drain and place in food processor with remaining ingredients, saving chives. Pour into bowl and garnish with chives. Serve and enjoy!
6. Cauliflower rice (Low carb, Paleo, Gluten Free)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tablespoon organic coconut oil
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup dices yellow onion
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
Using a cheese grater, grate cauliflower until course. Heat oil, onion and garlic in skillet, and add cauliflower, Sauté until warm and cooked. (4-5 minutes) Season with salt and pepper, and serve.