Christmas Carrot Cake Recipe without Alcohol and Egg
Growing up around a couple of Christian friends I have come to love the tradition of Christmas. The decking up of home, gifts, decorations! However, being a teetotaler and a vegetarian, I couldn't indulge in the traditional . One of the friends' mom shared her secret recipe and suggesting some alterations here and there. So, having baked this eggless and alcohol free Christmas cakes cakes a couple of times here is sharing the recipe. But before we get to it read the cakescommon mistakes to avoid while making an eggless cake and follow the tips listed below specially for this cake.
Eggless and Alcohol-free Carrot Cake Tips
- You may soak the raisins and walnuts in sugar syrup over few days or weeks before you wish to bake the cake. Traditionally, they are soaked in rum for months before the Christmas baking. Replace the rum with sugar syrup, they taste magical.
- In case you soak them in sugar syrup you may reduce the quantity of sugar powdered in the actual cake depending on how sweet you want it to be.
Eggless and Acohol-free Carrot Cake Ingredients
- 2 Cups Maida
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Soda-bi-carb
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Pinch Nutmeg powder
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 tsp Powdered sugar
- 1/2 tin (200gm) Condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 Cup Grated carrot
- 1/2 cup Chopped walnut
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- As required Milk
Eggless and Acohol-free Carrot Cake Recipe
- Sieve the maida, baking powder, soda-bi-carb, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg powder together.
- Combine together butter, powdered sugar, condensed mil, vanilla essence,. Whip well till the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
- Add the maida mixture, grated carrot, walnuts, raisins, to the above and mix gently. Add the milk as required to make the batter of dropping consistency.
- Pour the batter in a greased and dusted cake tin. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degree Celsius. (It takes about 40-45 minutes)
- Note: * You can serve this cake as a pudding. Top it up with chilled custard or icecream.
- Note: * You can also make cupcakes! Pour the batter in the cupcakes molds and there you can also have tiny yummy Christmas carrot cupcakes!
Your cake is ready!
Hope you like the recipe and do tell me in comment section if you wish me to share certain dish's vegetarian and alcohol free recipe.
- 3 Effective yoga asanas (poses) for diabetes control
High blood sugar levels causing diabetes can be controlled with few easy yoga asana (poses) when done correctly with proper focus on breathing and posture.
- Common Mistakes To Avoid While Eggless Baking Cakes
Many a times baking an eggless cake is a disaster and haven't really found any completely helpful articles to fix them. So, here is putting my personal experience in words to avoid same mistakes.
- Homemade Kaju Katli recipe, a cashew nut barfi treat...
Kaju Katli recipe is easy to make t home and save that extra money you spend on getting it from an Indian mart. Making it at home is not only affordable but also way too super tasty.
- How is Rasgulla Dessert Made at Home- A Bengali Swee...
Recipe to bong sweet that has won heart all over the world- Rasgulla or Roosogulla as bongs call it!
© 2015 Shivani Gala