3 Pies In 1 (Recipes for Rich Pecan Pie, Sour Cherry Pie and The Best Elvis Pie)
Almost all the pie recipes you've ever wanted
Pies! Pies!! Pies!!!
Those delicious pies. We could eat them all day long and still never have enough.
Pies are probably one of the most common deserts around the world. Pies can be made with many ingredients. They are;
- Apple pie
- Egg and Bacon pie
- Meat pie
- Banana Cream pie
- Blackberry pie
- Blueberry pie
- Buttermilk pie
- Cheese pie
- Cherry pie
- Coconut Cream pie
- Curry pie
- Fish pie
- Mississippi mud pie
And another thousand more...
So I will bring you three new recipes that are not included here. Something that will be delicous and new for the upcoming festive season.
Rich Pecan Pie
I like this pecan pie since it is free of corn syrup that I believe can taste so sweet and kind of bogus. This is because it is full of brown sugar, butter as well as pecans.
- 1 Nine-inch pie shell
- 4 Eggs
- ½ cup Melted butter
- ½ cup Granulated sugar
- 1 to 1/3 cups Packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup Chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- 2 teaspoons Heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 to 1/3 cups Pecan halves
- First, begin by heating the oven up to 360 degrees Fahrenheit. In a huge bowl, beat eggs along with granulated sugar till smooth. After that, stir in butter, add brown sugar and beat properly.
- Add one cup chopped pecans, heavy cream, and flour, as well as vanilla, and mix thoroughly.Save 1/2 cup of the mix and pour the remaining mix into the pie shell. Put pecan halves into bowl along with reserved ½ cup filling mix and stir till it becomes coated.
- Bake for at least 20 minutes, and then narrow down the oven temp to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake for 25 minutes or 35 minutes longer until the pie stops jiggling when pushing it smoothly. Take out from oven and cool on wire rack.
Show your love...
Rate this recipe
Sour Cherry Pie
Preparation time – 15 min
Cook time – 45 min
Total time – 1 hour
Yield – 6 to 8 servings
- a double pie crust recipe or one package refrigerated pie crusts
- 4 to 5 cups sour cherries, drained and pitted(three 14 ounce cans
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- First, start by heating the oven till it gets to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare pie crust or you can let the refrigerated crust rest at room temp for at least 20 minutes before you go on.
- In the meantime; toss cherries, sugar, lemon juice and cornstarch in a big bowl. Split homemade crust dough in two. Compress it into 2 ten inch circles. Then deploy a cookie cutter to cut designs in the top tartlet. Simplify the entire circle into a 9 inch pie pan.
- Fill up the crust with mixture of cherry till the cherry juices starts bubbling and crust turns totally brown. Put this mixture on a wire rack and sit back and relax as you wait for the mixture to cool down completely before you start serving your family or guests.
The Best Elvis Pie
Preparation time - 20 mins
Total time - 20 mins
Yield - serves 16
Butterscotch caramel ice cream topping
- Two halves cups properly crushed peanut butter sandwich cookies, softened at room temperature
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- Two 8-ounce packages cream cheese, made softer
- One (12 – 14 ounce) bag chocolate enclosed toffee bars, crushed
- One (17 ounce) jar butterscotch caramel ice-cream topping
- Half cup peanut butter
- Five bananas sliced
- A single tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup of powdered sugar
- A single teaspoon of vanilla
- In an average bowl, put together crushed cookies and melted butter.mix them properly before pressing into the base of 13 by 9 pan. Relax when making filling. Make toffee bars and put aside.
- In average bowl, put together ice cream topping, cream cheese along with peanut butter and beat until smoothened. Cautiously spoon and spread over the crust.
- In tiny bowl, toss banana slices alongside lemon juice and place over peanut butter filing. Dust with ½ of the softened toffee candy bars.
- In big bowl, combine cream alongside powdered sugar and vanilla. Spread over the bananas and sprinkle with the reaming crushed toffee candy bars. Cover and sit back and relax for 3 to 6 hours before serving.
More pie recipes???
Easy pie maker
Get baking and eating...
So there you go. Three delicious pies to be tried out.
Make sure to comment below if you have had these pies before or if you tried the pie through here and wanted to share your experience.
Please do make corrections if there is anything wrong. I'm not an expert on this regard. :P
Anyway, your comments and thoughts are very welcome. Please do comment below if you need a recipe for another type of pie. I will arrange it as fast as possible.
Also if you liked this article please rate, comment, like and share this article among friends. Follow me on HubPages for more interesting hubs. Thank you.