- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Fast and easy cookies recipes
Delicious home made cookies
Fast and easy cookies
Here are some of my favorite cookie recipes. The crunchy mayonnaise cookies and healthy oatmeal cookies. They are easy to make and turn out delicious. In my cooking experiments i like to add some nontraditional ingredient here and there. Like i added mayonnaise for my Mayo cookies. In the end mayonnaise is an egg and oil based mixture so there is no contradiction in using it for cookies dough. So here you are: two simple fast and easy cookies recipes to fill your cookie jar. Smart decoration will make them suitable for any occasion.
Crunchy Mayo Cookies
- 1 cup plain mayonnaise
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semolina flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
Work flow:1.Melt the butter in a microwave oven and blend with mayonnaise, lightly beaten egg, and vanilla extract.
2. Sift together major part of flour, all semolina, all baking powder, all sugar and salt into a large bowl.
3. Blend the mayonnaise mixture with dry ingredients until mixture is shiny and soft. Control the thickness by adding the rest of the flour or not. Wrap the shiny, soft cookie dough and place it to a freezer for 15 to 30 minutes. (* Mayo cookies dough can be frozen for up to two weeks).
4. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Take out mayo cookie dough from a freezer and shape your cookies by taking a piece of dough with a tea spoon. Turn the spoon upside down and let the dough fall onto baking sheet. No need to grease the baking sheet.
5. Bake cookies for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown on the top and edges.
Oat cookies go perfect with nuts, raisins, seeds
Healthy oat meal cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oat
- 1 cup butter
- 1cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, some nutmeg, cinnamon, salt
- Free choice: flax seeds, sesame seeds, pine nuts, almonds, raisins, sun flower seeds
1. Melt the butter in a microwave oven and blend with sugar. When the mixture has cooled down add egg, spices, vanilla extract.
2. Sift together major part of flour, all oats, all baking powder, and salt into a large bowl.
3. Blend the butter mixture with dry ingredients, but leave the dough soft. Control the thickness by adding the rest of the flour or not. If you decide to use any seeds or nuts, blend them in at this moment.
4. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Shape the oat meal cookies by taking dough with a spoon and placing onto baking sheet.
5. Bake cookies for 15-20 minutes, or until brown on the top.
Some of my other recipes online
- Quick cookies recipes:
Quick cookies: peanut butter, chocolate, crunchy, raisin, oat meal cookies with recipes.
- What to cook? suggestion of three course meal with dessert
What to cook? - what are some recipes that do not take much time to make in the kitchen. I would prefer to use my oven. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I also recommend these oat meal cookie recipes:
- Gluten-Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
I'm more of a chocolate chip oatmeal cookie kind of girl. Especially when the cookies are warm and the chips are melty. Chocolate makes everything right with the world.
- Oatmeal Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe :: Whipped
These were especially good with a heaping cup of shredded coconut mixed in with the usual suspects (nutmeg, cinnamon, walnuts and chocolate chips).
- Grandma\'s Oatmeal Cookies Recipe | Simply Recipes
Grandma's favorite oatmeal cookie recipe, with oats, brown sugar, flour, shortening, walnuts and raisins (optional on the raisins).
- thick, chewy oatmeal raisin cookies | smitten kitchen
A home cooking weblog from a tiny kitchen in New York City. The place to find all of your new favorite things to cook.