3 Simple Steps & 7 Ingredients For Banana Nut No-Bake Bars
Growing up I was the cookie maker for our house hence my Mom dubbed me the Cookie Monster. In fact in my later teens my mom got me a Cookie Monster laundry bag door hanger for my apartment. Clearly showing you are never to old to receive goofy childhood gifts (I loved that gift by the way!) even into adulthood.
Which brings me to this recipe. It is from my love of cookie baking I am sharing this new kind of recipe. I have searched Google & Bing for/about No-Bake cookies and the most common is (of course) the No Bake Oatmeal Raisin Cookie. All in all it is a good old stand by, if that is the furthest you want to go with a No-bake recipe?
Is it simple? Yes.
Is it easy? Yes.
Is it plain? Very much so! Well at least to me it is.
However, I wanted more and I love being creative, so why not in my baking too? In recent weeks I've been mixing and pairing ingredients I feel would fit into the Oatmeal base ingredient. Yet, a few still need fine tuning, for the most part each recipe made has been successful.
Here's one very successful version I believe will become the Banana Nut lovers fast favorite. It taste just like banana nut bread, but without all the hassle, work and mess... it's like a dream come true in this easy to prepare snack bar.
Happy Snack Making!
Prep Time: 20 minutes total
Total Time: Chill 3 hrs or overnight
- 3 -4 very over ripe Banana's - smashed/pureed well
- 1/2 -c butter/margarine
- 2/3 -c milk (or milk substitute)
- 3/4 -c raisin/nut mix
- 1/8 -tsp Cardamom and/or 1/8-tsp Pumpkin Spice
- 4 -c Uncooked Oats
- In large non-stick pan place first 6 ingredients, bring to a rapid boil. Turn heat down & let boil lightly for 3-5 minutes. Stir consistently... after 3-5 min turn heat off & add oats.
- Stir in oats until thoroughly coated & mixed. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Pour mixture onto & spread out onto shallow cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Let setup in refrigerator until firmer. Cut into equal size bars. Serve alone or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream
Great healthy mix to use in these no-bake bars
A must have!
Enhances and brings more flavor to your baked goodies!
A little goes a long way.
My pantry is never without this!