30 Minute Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
12 cups chicken broth
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup chopped rotisserie chicken
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
½ bag Egg Noodles
3 celery stalks
2 large carrots
1 large white onion
1 clove crushed garlic
1 can diced tomatoes – not drained
Pinch of basil
1 bay leaf
Salt & pepper to taste
Pinch of oregano
Pinch of parsley
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add egg noodles and 2 tablespoons oil. Boil for 8-10 minutes or until al dente. Drain noodles, and rinse under cold water.
2. In a large saucepan, heat remaining 2 tablespoons of oil under medium heat. Add chopped celery, carrots, and onion. Sprinkle salt and stir. Cook for a few minutes or until tender and onions start appearing translucent.
3. Add crushed garlic and can of diced tomatoes. Stir and bring to a boil.
4. Add chicken broth and seasonings (poultry seasoning, basil, bay leaf, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper) and bring to a boil again.
5. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
6. Stir in noodles and chicken to heat through.
7. Serve warm! Serves 4.