30 Minute Meals: Cajun Pork and Rice
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
Ready in: 30 min
Yields: 4 Servings
- 4.0 Boneless Pork Chops
- 1.5 cups Rice (Brown or White)
- 1.0 Green Bell Pepper, Diced
- 0.5 Sweet White Onion, Diced
- 4.0 Green Onions, Chopped
- 2.0 Red Tomatoes, Diced
- Cajun Seasoning
- Garlic Powder
- Crushed Red Pepper
- Mix your Cajun Seasoning, Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, and Red Pepper together in a little bowl, to taste.
- Fill up a pot with about 3 cups of water and bring to a boil. After it is boiling, drop in your rice and let it simmer on low for about 12 minutes.
- Cut your pork chops into 1x1x1 cubes and sprinkle generously with your spice mix.
- In a large skillet, add a little Olive oil and cook your pork on medium-high heat, stirring occasionally to keep it from sticking
- While your pork chops are cooking, dice up your vegetables.
- After the pork chops are finished (10-12 minutes), remove them from the pan and put the onions and peppers in the pan with a teaspoon of olive oil. Sprinkle some cajun seasoning on them as they cook (3-5 minutes).
- The rice should be done, so strain any remaining water from the rice and combine the rice, veggies, tomatoes, and pork into the large skillet. Cook and stir for about 3 minutes.
- Now scoop some onto your plate and you are ready to serve.