30 People Chili Recipe
Rate the Recipe
Great Party Recipe
Do you need a great party recipe for a lot pf people?
Almost everybody loves chili! This recipe makes enough chili to feed about thirty people for about forty dollars. Add a few complimentary sides, and you can feed up to one hundred people for under a hundred dollars. That is very hard to beat. This recipe is especially great for game night, tailgate party or a warm get together on a cold autumn day.
Call up the gang and have a great day!
- 3 Lbs Lean Ground Beef
- 3 Lbs Hot Italian Saausage, Remove Casing
- 3 Each Large Green and Red Bell Peppers, Medium Diced
- 3 Large Spanish Onions, Medium Diced
- 4 Cans Diced tomatoes with jalepeno (or green chilis)
- 6 (16 Oz) Cans Chili Beans (or Red Kidney Beans), Drained and Rinsed
- 2 (16 oz) Cans Tomato Sauce
- 1 Can Tomato Paste
- 1 Packet Taco Seasoning
- 2 Packets Sazon Goya (with Achiote)
- 1 Tbsp Adobo with Cumin
Some Other Thoughts About Chili
- Chili Cook-off Basics
- Quick and Easy Chili Recipe - Recipe for basic Chili with Ground Beef
This easy chili recipe is made with ground beef, tomatoes, and beans. Add your own favorite ingredients to personalize this recipe.
- Kitchen Riffs: Chili Basics
- Cooks.com - Recipes - Basic Chili
Naga Viper Chili The Worlds Hottest Chilli Vs ChilliDave
How to Put It Together
- Prepare all the vegetables ahead of time. Raw vegetables should be medium diced. Cans should be opened and ready. Beans should be drained and rinsed thoroughly.
- Remove casings from sausage. Place sausage and ground beef in a large mixing bowl and knead together until blended.
- Coat a very large skillet with cooking spray. Break meat mixture into skillet and place over medium heat. Cook until browned, stirring continuously so that the meat will be broken down. This should take approximately 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let rest while you complete the next step.
- Coat a large chili pot or dutch oven with cooking spray. Place on high heat. Add raw vegetables (onions, peppers). When vegetables start to sizzle, reduce heat to medium. Allow vegetables to wilt, stirring occasionally so that they don't burn or stick to the bottom. Add all of the ingredients to the pot starting with the meat, then the beans, then the tomato sauce, tomatoes with chilis and tomato paste. Stir each time you add an ingredient to make it easier for all of the ingredients to be blended. Add the spices last and blend thoroughly.
- When the chili starts to boil again, reduce the heat to medium low and gently simmer until it is reduced to the consistency that you prefer. The mixture is heavy, so be sure to stir it often so that it doesn't burn on the bottom.
- Taste chili to make sure the heat is at the level that you like. If necessary, adjust the amount of spice. This chili is a medium recipe. If it is too hot for you, serve with cheese or sour cream, or add some sugar to the pot. If you want it hotter, add more spice, chillies or hot sauce.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Hot or Mild?
Do you prefer your chili hot or mild?
A Plateful Of Joy - Chili Con Carne
Some Additional Notes.
Here are a few other things you should know about this recipe:
This recipe is made for thirty people, but with some careful planning you can get it up to one hundred. To do this, use your sides. If you can cook about three boxes of macaroni or six pounds of rice and add it to the chili to double it in bulk. or serve pasta or rice on the side along with a huge salad, some melted cheese, baked potatoes, grated cheese and nachos. This way you can increase your servings, and your guests can have chili, chili mac, chili rice, chili topped baked potatoes or nachos. The things you can do with this recipe are only limited by your imagination.
This recipe is freezable. If you have a large freezer, you can divide this recipe into as many containers as you like and have it later. You can save a lot of time that way.
If you prefer, you can make this recipe in an oven or slow cooker. You will need to brown the meat and wilt the vegetables first. Then, at the point where you are mixing everything, put it in a slow cooker and put on high for a couple of hours. Or, at this same point, you can put it in a large roasting pan and put in a 325 degree oven for about 45 minutes.