3D Pumpkin Pound Cake
Rate this recipe please!
Using a 3D cake pan is simple as long as you thoroughly grease the pans. This pumpkin pound cake recipe is perfect for a 3D pumpkin pan. Putting the loaves together gives the appearance of a whole pumpkin! It is perfect for Thanksgiving or just a little touch of fall.
This recipe can also be made in a standard bundt pan if you don't have the 3D pumpkin pans.
- 2 1/2 c sugar
- 1 c vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 3 c all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 15 oz can of pumpkin
- powdered sugar for dusting top of cake
- Grease and flour your pans using Crisco grease and paper towel to get into the crevices of the pan. Dust with flour and shake off the excess.
- Blend the sugar and oil in a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs one at a time and beat well after each one. Combine flour, baking soda, and spices in a separate bowl then gradually add the to wet mixture. At the same time, alternate the flour mixture and the pumpkin until all is mixed with the egg mixture. Pour into your prepared pans. Tap the pans on the counter to get the batter settled in the design of the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for an hour to an hour and 5 minutes. Test with a cake tester or toothpick near the center. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- If you are using the 3D pans, wait until both cakes are cooled completely, then stack them together. Dust the top of your cake with the powdered sugar.