4 Keto Fat Bombs, That Taste Great
Keto fat bombs are a good way to get the required fat for any Ketogenic weight loss program. When you your eating plan contains 70+ % of fat.These little snacks are filled with some of your daily fats. Not only are they good for you, they also taste great. I decided to share four of the best bombs. They are easy to make and take very little time. I bet you can't pick just one. Lets get to the kitchen and make these tasty little bombs.
Keto Fat Bombs
Vanilla Coconut Fat Bombs
- 1/4 cup Cocoa butter
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil
- 10 drops Vanilla stevia drops
- Melt together cocoa butter and coconut oil over low heat or in a double boiler.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla flavored stevia drops.
- Pour into molds. Or mini cupcake liners.
- Chill until hardened.
- Remove from molds and keep stored in the refrigerator.
Total time is 15 min Plus the 30 min, time in the fridge till you serve
Tip: The vanilla you use will change how these bombs look. Mexican vanilla makes mine darker than the original.
Making the Lemon Coconut Bombs
- 1/2 cup Coconut Butter
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons Coconut flakes
- 12 drops Stevia/ or 3 Tsp of honey
- 1 tbsp Lemon Rind (grated)
- Mix all ingredients. In a Medium sized bowl, with a tablespoon.
- Use a scoop to fill each mini cup cake liners or mold, putting 1 tablespoonful in each.
- Store in fridge.
- I prefer this recipe made with honey.
A little tip: The stevia is a strong taste for me, but not for everyone. Because of that I choose to use honey instead of the liquid stevia.
Nutritional values (per serving)
Total Carbs 2.9 grams. Fiber 2.1grams.
Net Carbs 0.8 grams. Protein 0.76 grams. Fat 11.9 grams of which are saturated 10.3 grams. Energy 112k cal. Magnesium 5mg (1% RDA) Potassium 46mg (2% EMR)
Based on 14 servings
- 2 Cups Coconut Oil, Refined
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 Cup Coconut, Shredded
- 6 Tbsp Raw Honey
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1-2 pinches Sea Salt, to taste
- Assess the hardness of your coconut oil. If it's very cold in your home, you may need to partially melt your coconut oil before proceeding. If your coconut oil is completely melted, I recommend chilling it in your fridge for a bit to let it harden a little. Ideally, you want to be adding coconut oil that is easily scoopable but still completely solid. Add coconut oil, cocoa powder, honey, vanilla extract, and salt to your food processor.
- Process until all ingredients are evenly mixed, stopping the food processor once or twice to scrape down the sides. Taste the mixture to be sure that the flavor is to your liking.
- If necessary, you can put your food processor in the fridge for a few minutes to harden up your mixture. If using silicone molds, lay out your molds on a cutting board, then use a ladle to fill all the molds with the coconut oil mixture. If using a surface lined with parchment paper, use a spoon to drop dollops of the mixture onto your surface.
- Carefully transfer molds or surface to your freezer and freeze until fat bombs are solid, then pop out and store in a lidded container in your freezer. Repeat process until all fat bombs have been frozen. These will keep in your freezer indefinitely. You can also store them in the fridge, if you prefer.
Nutrition Info: Calories: 251 Protein: 2.8 g, Total Fat: 21.7 g, Total Carbs: 12.8 g, Net Carbs: 8.4g, Fiber: 4.4 g (nutrition facts based on 12 servings)
Make Them Your Own
These fat bombs can be adjusted to your taste.
Don't be afraid to change them up.
Roll them in your hands, or use a mold.
Mini cup cake liners will work too.
It's all up to you.
Pumpkin Spice Fat Bombs
- 1/2 Cup Coconut oil
- 3/4 Cup Pumpkin puree
- 1/3 Cup Golden flax
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon or I used 2 drops cinnamon bark vitality essential oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg (optional)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sea salt
- 1/4 Cup Swerve or 1/3 teaspoon stevia or to taste
Note: 1/2 Cup Coconut sugar can be used for Paleo
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Roll into balls and place on a plate.
- You can also use the small cupcake liners.
- Let the balls sit in the refrigerator for 1 hours before eating.
- Keeps for a week or longer in the freezer.
Nutrition Info: Calories: 100 , Protein: 1 g , Fat:10 g , Total Carbs: 2.3 g , Net Carbs: .9 g, Fiber: 1.4 g (nutrition facts based on 12 servings).
When it comes to fat bombs there is a lot of choices. So enjoy and add these to your healthy snack food plan. One to two a day is suggested. One of the best resources for fat bombs is Google search and Pinterest. These fat bombs are easy to change up and make them your own. Don't forget fat is important when you are on the keto diet plan. The only thing you shouldn't change is the amount of fat. Put them in your lunch or have for a snack, they are quick and easy to make. Best of all they are good for you. Share them with your family and friends.
From my house to yours: To health and happiness, eat up and enjoy.
© 2017 Terrie Lynn