Simple Ideas For Yummy Fruit Salads
I am just super-excited today. My excitement knows no limit. Want to know the reason? Well, I am off to India on a three weeks holiday. Yippieee...
And to make matters just perfect, I will be in Kolkata when my darling, darling city will be decked up like a bride. It is that time of the year when entire Kolkata swings in a festive mood, the biggest festival of the Bangalis, our Durga Puja. Oh nothing can be more endearing to me to be able to be a part of this great festival. My Kolkata will be dazzling and shining brightly like a newly wed bride. I am beyond words. I cannot describe how beautiful is that feeling. It is this particular time of the year that Kolkata truly becomes Tilottoma Kolkata. Its beauty - unrivaled, its elegance - unparalleled.
I am on a detox mode now. Back in India, I am dieting to go ethnic, desperately wanting to fit in designer blouses and sarees. The four days of Puja will see me wearing some beautiful sarees that I cannot wear here in Texas. Now what is Durga Puja to a woman? A platform to demonstrate her fashion sense and style. And I being beaten by the Puja bug, find myself to be that desperate chick, 'yet another fashionista'. (a big yawn)
Looking delicious in a saree in not a matter of joke. Pulling off a 6 yard long piece of heavy fabric indeed needs some skill and gusto. And, most importantly, I do not want to look fat in a saree. I have a tendency to put on quickly and this bad tendency sometimes mars my good intentions of draping myself in a saree. Now who does not want to sport a sexy back in a designer blouse. (winking)
Fruits are great agents of detoxifying your body. All the harm that you have done to your body with bad eating habits can be corrected by fruits very easily. Fruits not only help us to cleanse our body of toxic substances but also nourishes us with essential nutrients, protects our immune system and help us to renew our optimal health. It gives a tremendous boost to our metabolism system thus helping us to reduce a lot of weight naturally.
I am eating a whole lot of fruits daily. Although I am not a born fruit-lover, still I manage myself to sustain on fruits for the past few days. How?
...Fruit Salads.... They can be simply amazing. Even simple ones are so yummy that you will love eating them to the last. The thing that I love about fruit salads is that their preparation need so very little time and effort. It can be only a matter of few minutes that can create exotic fruit salads from scratches.
My simple ideas for amazing yet effortless fruit salads are mainly the results of permutation and combination of ingredients and fruits that are always available in my kitchen. Most of these fruits and ingredients have been used more than once in these simple salads. Even if the fruits that I have used are not available in your kitchen or refrigerator,you don't have to go out buying them, try using different fruits. I assure you,the outcome will be equally delicious.
Simple Fruity Medley
- As the name suggests making this salad is the simplest. Simply cut the above mentioned fruits in small bite size pieces and mix them thoroughly. That's it! Your Simple Fruity Medley is ready. If you are running short of time, this salad is a perfect quickie meal. The easiest healthy meal with almost zero effort.
Dreamy Creamy Fruits
- Cherry (for decoration)
- Whipping Cream
- Strawberry Yogurt
- Those who want to add dollops of taste in their fruit salads minus all the extra calorie (mind you the whipping cream and yogurt that I have used are fat-free) will definitely love this salad. I used a wine glass, you can take any nice looking bowl. Dice all the fruits. (Except Cherry) First fill the base of the bowl or glass with strawberry yogurt. Next add the diced fruits on top of it. Then squeeze out the whipping cream on top of it. At the very top of the cream place the cherry. Your entire salad will look like a delicious sundae.
- Shredded Coconut
- Himalayan Pink Salt
- We all love the taste of cocktails, isn't it? Try playing with the flavors of the fruits. Let us now make a sweet and tangy fruit cocktail (of course, minus the alcohol). Dice apple and pineapple. Take a glass, throw in the diced apples and pineapples along with the blueberries and raspberries. Squeeze in lime juice, pinch of Himalayan pink salt and honey. Give everything a quick stir. Top it up with fried shredded coconut. Take a pinch of salt in-between your thumb and index finger and put the salt all over the rim of the glass. Decorate it with a slice of lime. Your fruit cocktail is ready.
Sweet Coconut Fruit Punch
- Mixed Chopped Nuts(Pistachios, Almonds, Walnuts)
- Shredded Coconut
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- This particular salad idea came to my head when I start thinking about the fate of hopeless foodies like me who cannot entirely sacrifice taste at the altar of health. (a deep sigh) Cut apple, banana, pineapple and mango into bite size pieces. In a bowl or glass throw in the cut fruits, add raisins and mixed chopped nuts. Drop the sinful sweetened condensed milk on top of the fruits and nuts. Refrigerate it for some time. When you are ready to eat, heat a frying pan. Dry roast shredded coconut and sugar. Sugar will help caramelize the coconut as well as sweeten it. A sweet aroma will start emitting out of the pan. Be careful not to over-fry and burn the shredded coconuts. When the shredded coconuts become brown and sticky, switch off the heat. Quickly top the salad with the fried sweet coconut shreds and serve. Your sinfully Sweet Coconut Fruit Punch is ready. Enjoy!
Which is your most favorite?
Now, while I go and enjoy my Pujas in Kolkata, you people enjoy too, wherever you are. Just stay safe, stay happy and stay healthy.
Love you and Will miss you for some days.
- Top 5 Fertility Fruits in the World
Very few of us are aware of the power of fruits. Some fruits do have the power to enhance our passion. Add some extra fire in your life with the help of these fruits.
- Dairy Free Strawberry Dreamy Smoothie
A lactose free Strawberry Smoothie that is healthy and at the same time yummy.
- Valentine's Day Special- Strawberry Blueberry Smoothie
This Valentine's Day woo your love with this lovely pink smoothie. This smoothie is sure to turn on your beloved for some romance.