- Food and Cooking
45 Things to do with Gin
1.) Beet and Yuzu Gimlet
- 1 1/2 parts Gin
- 1 part beet juice
- 1/2 part yuzu juice
- 3/4 part simple syrup
- 3 watermelon balls (for garnish)
Start by combining the first four ingredients into a shaker. Add some ice and shake well for about six seconds. Follow up by double straining into a martini cocktail glass. To further impress, add the watermelon balls as your garnish.
2.) Phire to Life
- 1 1/2 parts Gin
- 1 part ToLife Tea Simple Syrup
- 1 part fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 part fresh orange juice
- 1/2 part Aperol
- 4 drops Tabasco green jalapeno pepper sauce
- Pinch Grains of Paradise
- Pinch Cubeb Berries
- Lemon Rind "Boat", tea leaves and dried flowers (for garnish)
Combine first six ingredients into a cocktail shaker, stir for about 30 seconds. Then strain into a martini cocktail glass. Now grind grains of paradise and cubeb berries onto the cocktail. Garnish with lemon rind "boat". Follow by sprinkling tea leaves and dried flowers in the boat.
3.) Gin's Revenge
- 1 part gin
- 1/2 part bols genever
- 1/2 part green chartreuse liqueur
- 1/2 part ginger syrup
- 3/4 part lime
- Dash of homemade murcott orange tincture
- Fresh ginger and chartreuse candied limes (for garnish)
Add all the ingredients into a mixing glass. Shake and strain into a Collins glass with fresh ice. Garnish with fresh ginger and Chartreuse candied limes.
4.) English Channel Fizz
- 1 1/2 parts gin
- 1 1/2 parts Domaine De Canton ginger liqueur
- 1/2 part Fernet-Branca bitters
- 1 Egg white
- Half-squeeze lemon juice
- Half-squeeze lime juice
- 1 Part simple syrup
- Fever-tree bitter lemon
- Caramelized Orange zest (for garnish)
Pour gin, Domaine de Canton and Fernet-Branca in a Collins glass. In a shaker, combine egg white, lemon juice, lime juice, simple syrup then dry shake. Add ice to the Collins glass. Combine all ingredients in shaker and hard-shake. Stain into Collins glass. Top with Fever-Tree bitter lemon. Finally, garnish with caramelized orange zest.
5.) Sapphire H2O
- 2 Parts Bombay Sapphire gin
- 3/4 Part Meyer lemon juice
- 1/2 part ginger simple syrup
- 1/2 Part Monin Superfruit Fruit Puree
- Acqua Panna Natural Spring Water
Combine all ingredients into a mixing glass and shake. Strain into fresh Collins glass filled with ice. Fill to taste with Acqua Panna Natural Spring Water.
6.) Sapphire Roseberry
- 2 1/2 Parts Bombay Sapphire Gin
- 1 Part Rosemary-Basil simple syrup
- 1/2 Part fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 part blueberry puree
- Blueberries and basil (for garnish)
Combine all the ingredients into a shaker with ice, then shake. Pour ingredients into a Collins glass. Garnish with blueberries wrapped in a basil leaf
7.) Prohibition Lemonade
- 1 1/2 Parts gin
- 1 tablespoon of three-rind marmalade
- 3/4 part fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 part dry vermouth
- 2 dashes lemongrass syrup
- 1 part brut champagne
- Lemongrass stalk (for garnish)
In a mixing glass, add the marmalade, lemon juice, gin, vermouth and lemongrass syrup. Shake. Fill a rocks glass with ice. Double-strain into a rocks glass. Roll the mixture over the rocks. Float brut champagne on top. Gently stir. Garnish with a stalk of lemongrass.
8.) Summer Queen
- 1 1/2 parts gin
- Rock salt infused with orange-zested sugar (for rimming)
- 3 sprigs of sage
- 1 part pineapple juice
- 1/2 part lime juice
- 1/2 part simple syrup
- 1/2 part Licor 43
- 1 egg white
- Candied orange slice (for garnish)
Rim the martini cocktail glass with rock salt and orange-zested sugar. Muddle the sage in a mixer; add all the ingredients and shake. Pour into the martini glass and garnish with candied orange slice.
9.) The Sapphire Gin-Ger Cocktail
- 2 1/2 parts Bombay Sapphire gin
- Horse's Head lemon twist
- 1/4 part yellow Chartreuse Liqueur
- 3/4 part ginger-and-lemongrass-infused simple syrup
- 1 part Jamaican ginger beer
- 1 part La Spinetta Moscato D'oro
- Candied Ginger, and muscat gummies (for garnish)
Fill a Collins glass halfway with ice. Cut lemon twist and swirl into Collins glass. Finish topping off glass with ice. Pour gin over ice, add Yellow Chartreuse, then ginger-and-lemongrass syrup. Top off with ginger beer and Moscato d'Oro. Stir gently with a swivel spoon. Garnish with candied ginger and Muscat gummies skewered through a bamboo stick, and a twist of lemon over the side of the glass.
Sugar in the Raw:
10) The Gem
- 3 1/2 parts gin
- 1/4 part Frangelico Original Hazelnut Liqueur
- 1/4 Part almond extract
- 1/2 part banana liqueur
- Ground Coriander
- Sugar in the Raw
- Lemon Wedge
- 2-3 Banana chips (for garnish)
Pour gin in a pint glass filled with ice. Add Frangelico, almond extract and banana liqueur, and shake vigorously; let stand. Combine coriander and sugar. Rim a martini cocktail glass with lemon and coat with coriander-sugar blend. Give the cocktail a good shake and strain into martini cocktail glass. Garnish with banana chips.
11.) Midtown Sapphire
- 2 1/4 parts Bombay Sapphire Gin
- 2 dashes Regan No. 6 Orange Bitters
- 3 Orange twists, divided
- 3/4 part agave nectar
- 3/4 part fresh lime juice
- 1 Barspoon Homemade Blueberry Shrub
Muddle bitters and two orange twists. Add agave nectar, lime juice and Bombay Sapphire Gin. Add ice and shake. Double-strain into a cocktail glass. Float blueberry shrub on top. Garnish with an orange twist.
Check out the Rest of the Recipes:
- 45 Things to do with Gin (part 1)
Recipes for Beet and Yuzu Gimlet, Phire to Life, Gin's Revenge, English Channel Fizz, Sapphire H2O, Sapphire Roseberry, Prohibition Lemonade, Summer Queen, The Sapphire Gin-Ger Cocktail, The Gem, and Midtown Sapphire.
- 45 Things to do with Gin (Part 2)
Recipes for The Don Harlow, Maltese Falcon, Bombay Fresh Lavender Fizz, The State Fair Cocktail, West End Fizz, Sapphire Summer, The Bombay Club, Southern Cobble Fizz, Sapphire Emerald Fizz, The Wild Sapphire, and Pacific Sling.
- 45 Things to do with Gin (Part 3)
Recipes for Bombay Bella, Victoria's Retreat, The Bombay General, Cinna-Monday, Sapphire Acros the Channel, A Little Summer Somewhere, Summer Sapphire, Scribe's Quill, Blood Orange Negroni, The Sapphire Insignia, and Elderphire.
- 45 Things to do with Gin (Part 4)
Recipes for Bitter Silence, Naturally Sapphire, Darling Dash, Elderphire, Other Wonders, Lavender Gin Fizz, The Turf and the Ring, Empire Burlesque, Hacienda Cooler, Blackphire Martini Cocktail, Sapphire Martini Kawili, and Sailor's Sapphire Martini.