Chocolate Covered Oreos: Recipe and Fantastic Holiday Ideas
I like it when my desserts are easy. Covering things in chocolate is one of the best ways to make yummy and creative desserts without too much hassle. I do this for Christmas and several other holidays, and they always turn out great! Here are some festive designs including birthdays and bridal showers!
- 1 Package Oreos
- Chocolate Chips (in several varieties if desired)
- Using a double boiler, slowly melt chocolate chips on low. The slower you go, the shinier the chocolate.
- Set aside several sheets of wax paper. When your oreos set, they will peel off easily!
- Once the chocolate is melted, use a spoon or tongs to dunk oreos in the chocolate. Make sure they are completely covered. Set on wax paper.
- Before the oreo sets, you need to decorate, so be ready with the sprinkles. It helps if there are two people, one dunker and one decorator.
- Let the oreos set for several hours and enjoy! You can put them in the refrigerator, but I always find that they turn out better when you just leave them on the counter. It's really easy.
You can get creative with your presentation, like this!
This blogger used fun wrappers and I really like her designs! Mine are usually a bit more basic than that. I just pour on the sprinkles!
You Can Even Make Oreo Pops!
Great for Bridal Showers or Reception Treats Too!
And birthdays are so much fun with Character Oreos!
Just paint the oreos with green frosting, add some sprinkles, a little decorating gel, and some candy melts for eyes!