Mini Apple Pie Recipe: A Tasty Spin on a Traditional Dessert
Apple Pie is America's favorite pie. What could be better than that? I'll tell you what! MINI Apple pies! Using muffin tins and fresh ingredients, everyone gets an individual yummy pie to enjoy for dessert! This recipe is so simple, but if you don't feel like making the filling from scratch, you can always use the store-bought stuff! I'm so excited to share this with you. They are so delicious!
- 8 apples, Use granny smith, northern spies, newtowns, or braeburn varieties
- 12 tbsp Flour
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar
- 4 large tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg, optional
- 2 boxes Refrigerated Pillsbury Pie Crusts
- 4 tbsp Butter, chilled and diced into 24 pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Dice apples into small pieces (about 1/2in.)
- Add the flour, sugar, and spices to the apples in a bowl and mix well.
- Cut out circles of dough using a biscuit cutter or the metal top of a mason jar.
- Grease the muffin tins and place the dough circles in the cups.
- Add a little filling to each tin.
- Place a piece of butter on top of each mini pie.
- Cover with more dough using criss crosses, or another circle of dough. You can make it pretty cutting out a star shape on the top piece. Experiment with what looks good to you!
- Brush some melted butter on top of your top crust.
- Bake for 18-25 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream!