- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Superb Red Velvet Cake Recipe: Moist and Amazing!
Velvet Bliss - A Family Tradition
Red Velvet Cake has been THE cake for in our family for a very long time. it's my brother's, mother's and sister's favorite kind of cake. Thus, red velvet cake became quite popular around our house. It's fun because its great for holidays and birthdays, and this recipe in particular is exquisite. It's moist, colorful, and perfectly velvety!
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp White Distilled Vinegar
- 1-2 oz Red Food Coloring
- 1/2 Cup Plain Fresh Coffee
- Fresh Strawberries and Blueberries
- Cream Cheese Icing
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine sugar and vegetable oil in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt) in a bowl and set aside.
- With the sugar and oil, add the buttermilk, vanilla, food coloring, and eggs.
- Add the coffee and white vinegar.
- Add the dry ingredients slowly until combined.
- Butter and Flour two 8in round cake pans and add cake mix. Drop the pans on the counter a few times to remove air bubbles.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes
- Let cool and frost with your favorite cream cheese icing.