- Food and Cooking
My 3 Favourite Easy Tapas Recipe's
Spanish Meatballs - So tasty and only take a few mins to make!
- Grab a large bowl and mix the mince with the finely chopped garlic, onion and salt.
- Make 12 evenly sized meatballs
- Grab a saucepan, throw in some olive oil and brown on a medium heat - keep shaking the pan to get a nice even cook
- Next, add the tomatoes, chopped chillies, paprika and sugar
- Turn the heat right down and simmer for about 20 mins
until the meatballs are thoroughly cooked and full of flavour
- Serve with fresh bread for mopping up the sauce and garnish with your favourite fresh chopped herb - and dont forget the pepper!
- You could also add a half glass of red or white wine to the sauce for an extra kick - just give it a few more mins to simmer and reduce the sauce
Spanish Meatballs Ingredients
- 250 g (8 oz) minced beef or lamb
- 1 onion really finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- A big dollop of olive oil
- 250 g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbs spicy paprika
- A couple of chopped chillies - or as many as you can handle!
- Pinch of sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh parsely to garnish
Buy this book for 100's of Tasty Tapas Recipes!
Fresh shrimp dish in only 5 mins!
This is so easy and will be ready in minutes. It is great to have with other tapas, as an appetizer or as quick and easy Saturday lunch that all the family will love.
So to start:
- Heat the olive oil in a pan
- Chop up your chillies and garlic and throw them in the pan
- Fry lightly and keep tossing until the garlic turns golden
- Throw in the shrimp and cook for approx. 2-3 minutes (until the shrimp are cooked)
- Add the lemon and season with salt and pepper
- Sprinkle chopped parsley over the top
If you have it lying around, a splash of Sherry, Brandy or White Wine, added while cooking, will make this dish extra special.
Serve in a heated dish with some warm crusty bread to dip into the lovely juices and a chilled bottle of your favourite white wine.
Fresh Shrimp Tapas Ingredients
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 red chili pepper chopped
- 1lb medium shrimp (cleaned and de-veined)
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Optional 2 tablespoons of Sherry, Brandy or White Wine
Spanish Omelette - Prepared in under 10 minutes
How To Make It!
- Peel potatoes and onion and cut them in half lengthwise. Then, with the flat side on the cutting surface, slice them approximately 1/8" thick.
- Heat the olive oil in an 8- to 10-inch pan at medium-high until sizzling,
- Add potatoes and onions in even layers and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 15 minutes, keep tossing the pan gently. The potatoes are cooked when they are tender when you stick a fork into them. Do not allow them to get brown or break apart.
- Drain the potatoes and onion in colander.
- Season the potatoes and onion with salt and pepper and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and add salt and pepper.
- Gently add in the drained potatoes and onions.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive to the pan over a medium-high heat.
- Pour potato mixture into the pan and gently even out the potatoes with a spatula.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Gently cook the omelette until the top is wet but not runny and is golden underneath.
- Loosen the omelette with a spatula then slide it onto a large plate.
- With one hand on the frying pan handle and the other on top of the plate to hold it steady, quickly turn the frying pan over and allow the omelette to tip into the plate.
- Place the pan back onto a medium-high heat and put just enough oil to cover the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Allow the oil to heat.
- Gently slide the omelette into the pan.
- Let the omelette cook for 3-4 minutes.
Slide onto a plate and cut into wedges, serve with fresh crusty bread and a light salad.
Spanish Omelette Ingredients
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled
- 1 large white onion
- 6 large free range eggs
- 2 cups of olive oil for pan frying
- Sea Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste