5 Great quick meal recipes
Sweet and sour pork (or chicken)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound pork tenderloin or chicken breast cut into one inch pieces
- 1 (8 oz) can of pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 1 (10 oz) jar of sweet and sour sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 cups frozen bell pepper
- 16 oz package of onion strips
- Heat oil over medium heat in a skillet. Add pork or chicken. Stir around 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from skillet.
- Add peppers and onion strips to skillet and cook for around 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in pork and remaining ingrediants and cook for around 5 minutes or until hot.
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 (1.25 oz) package of taco seasoning mix
- 3 tablespoons water
- 6 (10 inch) tortillas
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the peppers and onions and cook, stirring frequently for about 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from skillet
- Pour the remaining oil in the skillet and cook shrimp until pink and opaque. Reduce low heat and add peppers, onions, taco seasoning and water. Stir untin everything is evenly coated and serve in a warm tortilla.
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 boneless chicken breat cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cups frozen stir fry vegetables
- 1 (10 oz) tub italian cheese and herb cooking cream
- 2 cups cooked fettuccine or linguine
- Heat oil over medium heat in a skillet. Add chicken and cook for 5 to 6 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add vegetables. Cook 2 to 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add cooking cream and cook and stir for 3 minutes
- Remove from skillet and mix into pasta
Chicken noodle soup
- 1 (32 oz) package of chicken broth
- 4 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots thinly sliced
- Pepper to your liking
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast
- 3 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- In sauce pan heat water and broth over high heat
- While the broth and water heat, add oil to a sauce pot and heat over medium heat. Add onions and cook 5 minutes or until lightly browned stirring occasionally.
- Add celery, carrots, hot broth mixture, and pepper to onions and cover sauce pot. Heat to boiling over high heat
- While vegetables are cooking cut chicken into 3/4 inch pieces.
- Uncover saucepot and stir in noodles. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in peas and chicken; coverand heat to boiling for 3 to 4 minutes
Oven fried chicken
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups panko
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 large boneless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Place a baking sheet on bottom rack of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees
- Put the beaten eggs, panko, and flour into seperate bowls. Season the flower with garlic salt, celery salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Dust the chicken with flour, dip it in the egg, and roll it in the panko.
- Pour oil onto baking sheet. Dip the chicken thighs in the oil making sure to coat both sides evenly and place them on the baking sheet
- Bake chicken for about 25 minutes, turning halfway through