5 Ways to Eat Fruit
Most people eat fruit even though they might not eat the recommended five servings each day. Some people have their favorite fruit to eat, and there are so many different types to choose from.
Fruit is often eaten as a snack, but it can be part of a meal. Fruits can be eaten as they are or they can be mixed into other foods and drinks. For instance, it can be part of a salad or put in a smoothie with a combination of other fruits.
Eating fruits is recommended for its many benefits. For instance, fresh fruits are high in Vitamin C, fiber, and water. Eating fruits help to reduce the risks of some diseases.
Benefits of Eating Fruits
- They taste good and they are good for you.
- Fruits are healthy.
- They curve hunger for hours.
- Fruits help to prevent some illnesses.
- Fruits are plentiful in stores year round.
- Fruits are very versatile and can be used in more ways than one.
- Fruits are low in calories when compared to other snacks.
Do you know there are five ways to eat fruit?
Ways to Incorporate Fruit into Your Diet
There is absolutely no need for fruits to be boring because they can be eaten in so many different ways. If you only eat raw fruits, then you are missing out. Try preparing your fruits in the following ways.
- When you grill bananas, apples, pineapples and even watermelons, the heat caramelizes the natural sugar.
- Because fruit contains lots of water, it can stay moist when it is slowly baked at a low temperature. Peaches can be baked into a peach cobbler, and apples can be baked into an apple tart.
- When a fruit isn't quite ripe, it can be poached and the liquid will help enhance its flavor and soften its texture.
- Fruit that has been sauteed is really good, such as apple cinnamon crepes.
- Eating fruit raw is the most popular way to eat it. It can be eaten whole or chopped up and put in a fruit salad or salsas.
No matter which way people eat fruit, they can't go wrong. Fruits are the best foods people can eat to curb hunger and help them get and stay healthy.
1. Eat Raw Fruit
Fruit is always good when it is raw. Just wash it and eat it as is. Most fruits can be eaten whole or chopped up in a fruit salad. Some fruits can be sliced on sandwiches or chopped up for salsa.
2. Grill Your Fruit
As you can see in the above picture, many fruits can be grilled. Bananas can be sliced lengthwise and grilled. Apples, pineapples, strawberries, or any of your favorite fruits can be grilled.
Some people didn't know watermelon can be grilled with or without the rind. It is best to brush it lightly on both sides with olive oil. Then grill over high heat for about 5 minutes until grill marks have formed and the melon is softened a bit. It can be eaten straight from the grill or you can sprinkle it with a little sea salt and ground pepper.
See how beautiful the grilled watermelon looks in the picture below.
4. Bake Your Fruit
Did you know fruit can be baked? Because fruit contains a lot of water, it stays moist when it is baked slowly at a low temperature. Peaches, pears, and apples can be baked as well as many other fruits.
Baked fruits are so delicious.
3. Poach Your Fruit
You have heard of poached eggs, but have you heard of poached fruit? The way to poach fruit is to simmer it in liquid so the flavor can be enhanced. Also, the texture of the fruit is softened. It is an ideal way to enjoy fruit when it is not quite ripe
Poaching fruit is similar to poaching eggs. Poaching anything involves submerging it in a liquid. Therefore, simmer your favorite fruit in a little water for a few minutes. Then remove from the heat and enjoy.
Poaching any food is considered to be a healthy method because no fat is used to cook or flavor the food.
5. Sauté Your Fruit
Just like you sauté vegetables, you can saute fruit the same way. Try putting several fruits in a skillet with just a little margarine and let them warm over low heat for about 2 to 3 minutes or until fruit is tender.