5 Minute Mug Mac and Cheese
Dorm recipes for Dreary Days
A super good comfort food!
I used this recipe a lot when I was in college and came home tired. Although it's not the most healthy thing, a warm cup of Mac and Cheese and an hour of down time was all I really needed to be ready to go again and start my homework. It was also great when I had friends over and we wanted to make something warm!
- 1/2 cup Pasta (of your choice)
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 cup Cheese (of your choice), shredded
- First put the pasta and water into a cup and microwave it for 3 minutes, or until no water remains and the pasta is slightly under cooked.
- Next, add the milk in and warm up for an additional minute, or until the milk is gone and the pasta has reached the desired consistency. If the pasta remains under cooked and there is no milk remaining, add water until the desired consistency is reached.
- Finally, mix in cheese until melted. At this point, the pasta should be warm enough so that you do not have to reheat it to melt the cheese, but if the cheese is not melting, put it in the microwave for an additional 10 seconds at a time until the cheese has melted.
- If you want to add anything else to your mac and cheese like beans, vegetables, garlic, salt, or pepper, add them in now. Get creative and enjoy your simple and quick 5 minute meal!
|Serving size: 1|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|