5-Minute Peanut Butter, Jelly & Banana Parfait
Now and then, I'm faced with the challenge of whipping up something sweet at the last minute and most of the time I surprise myself with what I come up with. Today was no exception. A friend came over for a chat and for the first time in ages, I didn't have anything prepared.
A Dessert in 5 Minutes?
As I looked around my kitchen to see what I had - jar of peanut butter, some fruit preserves, a couple of bananas and some whipped cream - the only thing that came to mind was a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. As I continued my search for a magic ingredient, I found a half-eaten box of cookies leftover from sometime last week, hidden under a bag of almond flour. Then it hit me. Bingo! Why not make a peanut butter, jelly and banana parfait?
This is probably one of the easiest desserts I've ever made and it took less than 10 minutes to put together. I whipped my own cream so that probably took the longest ( 5 minutes ). If you use cool whip instead of the cream, you can assemble this dessert in less than 5 minutes.
Make with Your Favorite Fruits
If you don't like bananas, you can use strawberries or any fruit in season. Although this recipe says 2 servings, it's a pretty big serving. If you're serving this after a heavy meal, this is enough for 4.
*Photo taken by myself.
The easiest way to make delicious desserts? Without an oven of course! Even if you've never been a cook, you can make dessert with this book.
- 2 bananas
- 4 small cookies
- 1 cup cool whip ( or whipped heavy cream with 4 teaspoons sugar )
- 4 tablespoons fruit preserves
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- Put a dollop of cream in a tall glass.
- Crumble a cookie on top of the cream.
- Add 1/4 sliced banana.
- Add 1 tablespoon fruit preserve.
- Add 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut butter.
- Crumble another cookie for the next layer.
- Add another layer of cream.
- Add sliced bananas on top.
- Finish off with a dollop of fruit preserve.