Hamburgers Vegetarian Beets, Brown Rice & Goat Cheese
Amazing Beet Color and Tasty!
I love this recipe, it is such an amazing berry color. It can be made ahead of time, and the flavors get better as time goes by, when stored in the refrigerator. It is loaded with protein, good carbohydrates and flavors that blend together nicely.
Ingredients for Beet Rice and Goat Cheese Vegan Burgers
- 2 cups Cooked Brown Rice
- 1 cup Beet, roasted then grated
- 1/8 cup Parsley, fresh chopped
- 1/8 cup Dill, fresh chopped
- 1 - 15 ounce can White Beans, Drained and rinsed
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Egg
- 2 ounces Goat Cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Combine the rice and beets and herbs in a large bowl.
- Purée the beans with the lemon juice & the egg in a food processor or with a fork. Scrape into the bowl with the rice & beets. Add the goat cheese, salt and pepper to taste, and mix the ingredients together.
- Form 6 patties with your hands.
- In batches heat 1 tablespoon of the oil at a time in a heavy ovenproof skillet & brown the patties on one side for 2 minutes. Turn over onto the other side and place in the oven for 10 minutes. Can be served with or without hamburger buns and the works.
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||90|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 10 g||15%|
|Saturated fat 3 g||15%|
|Unsaturated fat 7 g|
|Carbohydrates 29 g||10%|
|Protein 10 g||20%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|