Organic Roasted Five Pepper Salsa Recipe
Easily turn this bowl of Organic Goodness into a deliciously roasted salsa right now!
You will now make a thick, hearty roasted salsa that can stand up to the toughest chip!
Good for you & Tastes Amazing!
If you like your salsa on the medium side of spicy, this recipe is perfect for you.
If you prefer your salsa to be on the hotter side, you may wish to add a few more small Serrano peppers, and keep them on top of the other vegetables in the pan when you roast them.
What I love about this particular recipe is that when I scoop my salsa onto a chip, it doesn't drip and run off the chip before I get the chance to eat it.
Here is a super simple way to slice, seed, roast, and blend to create this fine 5 Pepper Roasted Salsa.
(I also love it with my scrambled eggs in the mornings!).
- 5 large Red Tomatoes
- 1 large Red Onion
- 1 large White Onion
- 1 Bulb of Garlic
- 3 large Anaheim Peppers
- 5 Jalapenos
- 2 large Pasilla Peppers
- 3 small Serrano Peppers, (the smaller, the hotter)
- 1 bunch Fresh Cilantro
- 3 small Sweet Chili Peppers
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 fresh small Limes
- 2 teaspoons Cumin
- Olive Oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 Line a cookie sheet with foil and drizzle olive oil onto foil (lightly)
- Wash all peppers, slice open and remove seeds. Each type of pepper has it's own way of slicing that is so easy to learn. (I have provided Pepper Slicing Action Photos below these instructions.)
- Slice each onion (red and white) in half. Then slice each half into half again. Set chunks of onion on cookie sheet.
- Cut off the ends of the Bulb of Garlic, and peel each clove. Leave the cloves whole and set aside.
- Cut tomatoes into chunks the same size as your onion chunks. Set on cookie sheet with onion.
- After following the Pepper slicing directions, place each slice of pepper on cookie sheet with the Tomato and Onion.
- Add Garlic cloves last, spreading them each out on top of the peppers evenly.
- Drizzle olive oil very lightly over everything. Make sure to drizzle oil over your Garlic Cloves.
- Put sheet ( I used two cookie sheets for mine) in oven. Check after an hour. Depending upon the size of your chunks and the various oven temp ranges, you may need to leave yours in for the full 75 minutes. Make sure that your veggies are charred on the top. This process of charring is what infuses the mouth watering Roasted flavors into the body of each veggie.
Let's Get Started!
Fresh Pasilla Pepper
Sweet Chili Peppers
Keep On Slicing and Chunking.
Veggie Pans ready for ROASTING
Blend Roasted Veggies
The FINAL INGREDIENTS
- juice from 2 small limes
- 2 teaspoons of Cumin
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
Blend to desired consistency.
Store in sealed containers in your refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Rate this Salsa. Does your chip stand up?
Goodies for the kitchen
Super Food Recipe
All Organic Super Food Power Smoothie Recipe
- Super-Food Power Smoothie Recipe Delicious and Simple.
This article has easy to follow instructions for making Super Food Power Smoothies at home while knocking out 5 required daily servings of nutrition on the food guide pyramid without using sugar...