7 Fun Facts About Coffee!
1. Light Coffee Typically Has More Caffeine
The reason that light roasted coffee has more caffeine is because the longer the coffee beans are roasted the more caffeine is cooked out.
2. There Are Over 50 Species of Coffee Worldwide
The two most commonly used are arabica and robusta.
3. Coffee Is The 2nd Most Traded Commodity
If you were wondering, the first most traded commodity is oil.
4. The Legend Is That Coffee Was Discovered By A Goat Herder
After noticing that coffee beans seemed to be making his goats a bit crazy, a herder in ancient Ethiopia decided to try some himself.
5. Hawaii Is The Only U.S. State That Grows Coffee Commercially
Kona coffee which must be grown in the Kona districts is one of the most expensive coffees in the world.
6. Coffee Beans Actually Come From The Pit Of A Berry
These coffee cherries are bright red and edible.
7. There Was Once Controversy Over Catholics Drinking Coffee
Luckily for devout Catholics everywhere, in the 1600s Pope Clement VIII said it was fine.