A Clean and Fast Recipe for Homemade Granola
Granola is a staple in our home. We eat it with yogurt, as cereal, and sometimes just for a delicious snack. This recipe can be mas as healthy as you want, too. I use coconut-oil butter that has no added junk in it, raw, local honey, and pure vanilla and cinnamon from the co-op. Feel free to add more nuts or a variety of different kinds to get some added nutrients. Another perk to this recipe: it makes the house smell amazing!
- 2 Cups Old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 Cups Sliced almonds
- 3 Tbs Butter
- 3 Tbs Honey
- 1 Tbs Vanilla
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
- Pre-heat oven and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine oats and sliced almonds in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, melt butter and combine with honey, vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
- Pour mixture over oats and nuts and combine until the oat mixture is well-coated.
- Transfer granola to the baking sheet and spread into a thin layer.
- Bake, stirring granola every 5 minutes, until golden brown. (About 12 minutes.)
A few notes...
- Make sure you watch the granola while it bakes very carefully, as it can suddenly get too brown. Once you hit the ten minute mark, I would continue to check it at least every two minutes.
- I often double this recipe as it is so easy and gets eaten so quickly! If you do double it, make sure you bake each portion separately or it will get brown too quickly.
- I typically melt the butter and the honey together, as I have found this makes the honey much easier to combine.