How to Make White Pumpkin Halwa (Kashi Halwa)
White Pumpkin Halwa (Kashi Halwa)
Ingredients For Ash Gourd Halwa
- 2 cups white pumpkin (Ash gourd), grated
- 3/4 cup sugar, If using sweetened milk maid, reduce the sugar quantity
- 4 cardamom, powdered
- A few strands safron, Optional -soak in warm milk for 10 minutes
- 15 cashew nuts, pieces
- 20 raisins
- 5 teaspoons ghee
- Remove the outer skin of the white pumpkin (ash gourd). Chop it in two big pieces. Grate them. The pulp will be watery. Let it be like that. No need to remove the water from it.
- In a deep bottomed pan, heat two teaspoons of ghee. Saute cashew nut and raisins until they become crispy. Collect them on a plate.
- In the same pan, add the remaining ghee. Add grated ash gourd. Let the heat be medium-high. Stir the mixture occasionally. Continue to saute it until the water evaporates from it.
- Add sugar. If you want to add milkmaid, add it now. Continue to cook until the mixture becomes semi-solid.
Add cardamom, cashew nut pieces, and raisins. Lower the heat. Stir continuously until the mixture becomes shiny, oozes out the ghee and is almost dry. Put off the heat. White pumpkin halwa is ready!
- Transfer it to a round-bottomed bowl. Immerse it on a serving plate. Halwa gets a beautiful shape. Scoop it and serve! Enjoy the heavenly taste!!
If you want to use sweetened milkmaid in this recipe, reduce the quantity of sugar accordingly.
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||108|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 12 g||18%|
|Sugar 19 g|
|Protein 7 g||14%|
|Cholesterol 6 mg||2%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|