Recipe For Quick Nut Fudge
Faded, but cherished recipe
My mom loved clipping recipes from boxes, newspapers, and magazines. I have so many pieces of paper with recipes on them and some are starting to fade. I'm in the process of transferring them to my computer.
This fudge recipe came from a box of Domino confectioners sugar. I have no idea what year. I don't follow it to the letter, but you should be able to read it if you want to follow it exactly. Just click on the picture to make it larger.
The recipe below is how I made this particular batch of fudge. I made it for my guy and he hates nuts. I prefer making it with walnuts, but he deserves a treat every now and then! Either way, it's good! Enjoy!
Fudge in buttered dish
Quick Nut Fudge (minus the nuts!)
- 1 lb. confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup of cocoa
- 6 tablespoons of margarine
- 4 tablespoons of milk
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Melt margarine in double boiler.
- Add milk and vanilla.
- Add confectioners sugar slowly.
- Add cocoa.
- Stir until smooth.
- Pour mixture quickly into a buttered dish.
- Cut into squares and share!