Chocolate Fudge Cake Recipe: A Delicious Dessert Cake to Celebrate A Birthday or A Special Occasion
Lorraine makes baking fun: tried and tested
This deliciously scrumptious Chocolate Fudge Cake Recipe is not for the faint hearted. This cake is seriously good and certainly won't help with any faddy diet. If you're trying to fit into that little black dress: look away now... however if you're more interested in wooing the Easter Bunny or even Santa Claus, then I have good news: you're on the right page! Indulge people :)
Bake And Rate
This silicone bakeware set is ideal: no fuss and easy to clean
I use Cadburys drinking chocolate as I find it gives the cake a lovely moist texture; the flavor is rich but not too heavy.
Ingredients for Cake Mix
- 180 grams self raising flour, sieved
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda, sieved
- 2 tsp Cadburys drinking chocolate, sieved
- 150 grams golden caster sugar, sieved
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 150ml milk
- 150ml sunflower oil
- 50ml golden syrup
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350F/Gas Mark 4. Grease, flour and double line two 18cm round baking tins with baking parchment.
- Sieve the flour, drinking chocolate and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl, add in the sugar and stir to mix.
- In a seperate bowl, beat the eggs, milk and sunflower oil and add to the flour mixture and mix, add the syrup and beat well to blend all the ingredients to a smooth batter.
- Pour the cake batter in equal measures into the two tins. Don't worry about smoothing the top of the mixture, it will even out with the heat of the oven.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes until cooked. Insert a skewer into the center of the cake, if it comes out clean the cake is cooked.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tins before removing to a cooling rack.
Ingredients for Butter Icing
- 100 grams of unsalted butter
- 200 grams of icing sugar
- 4 tbsp of Cadburys drinking chocolate
- a little milk
- Beat the butter in a large bowl till soft, beat in the icing sugar and drinking powder bit by bit.
- Add in the milk and continue beating till light and fluffy.
- Spread a good layer of the butter icing on to one of the cakes, topping with the other sandwiching the two cakes together.
- Spread the remaining butter icing over and around the sides of the cake.
- Using a palette knife to smooth the icing around the edges creating a smooth surface.
- Use the palatte knife to make sweeping swirls on the top of the cake. Start in the center moving to the edge of the cake.
- Cut a length of parchment paper and fix it around the cake. Tie and secure a coloured ribbon (over the parchment paper) with a clean bob pin to add an easy yet professional finish.
- Pour over hot chocolate sauce and dust with icing sugar to make an impressive dessert.
- Opt for a serving of clotted cream with a few fresh raspberries on the side.
- Whisk up some double cream, mix in some black pitted cherries and serve a generous dollop to accompany your fudge cake.
- Break the chocolate bank and top your cake with Cadbury's chocolate flakes (lightly crushed).
Kids Love Cake:
What Is Your Favorite Dessert?
Another sweet dish to enjoy
- Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe, A Cheats Guide: How To Ma...
Easy lemon meringue pie recipe with homemade pastry and condensed milk. Delicious cheats pie recipe.
© 2013 Gabriel Wilson